• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] South Africa vs. Australia in Cape Town (28/09/2013)

Jake White quited as coach of the Brumbies
They should have made him the Aus national coach if they wanted the team to achieve something
but they wanted the Australian way and settle with "**** me", now really

You snooze, you lose...

Jake White probably has so many offers in the pipeline, that if he doesn't get what he wants, he'll go to the next best thing. I read that Clermont is a likely possibility.

I dont blame the wallabies for picking mckenzie over white. They had an international coach for years which was a flat out disaster. Also no one can deny what mckenzie has done with the reds, not to mention his record with nz teams, hoping hed transfer that to win the bledisloe. Not working out that way so far though

I read that Jake wants to stay in SA and could be linked to either the Sharks or Stormers

I read that Jake wants to stay in SA and could be linked to either the Sharks or Stormers

Well then I think the Stormers are in the driving seat, as his wife lives in Clifton. And he has been spotted at the stormers training camp

No chance he is coming to the Sharks, considering Venter is already our DoR.

And, John Smit in our organisation, is another guy who has a good relationship with White.

I will take a week off to celebrate if White comes over to take the reins off of AC.

Think you are misguided, really
Have you noticed that with those little jumps that Cooper makes before he passes he wastes more time that Ruan Pienaar on a lazy Sunday afternoon?
Ashley Cooper is a loyal servant to Aus rugby, stable player but that is about it.

Now make a team for SA and NZ including all the injuries and foreign players and compare to the above Aus team

You can't disrespect that way to the Wallabies. They won the Tri Nations two years ago and they deleted you in the last RWC. They have the players and the potential to beat any team, I have much respect for them. As I said, with these players: Horwill, Pocock, Hooper, Higginbotham, Ioane, Genia, Speight, Folau and others, they can beat anyone. Just need time to return to what they were.

Cheers

Jake White quited as coach of the Brumbies
They should have made him the Aus national coach if they wanted the team to achieve something
but they wanted the Australian way and settle with "**** me", now really

I think OZ should have chosen Jake as National Coach too, but is this Jake White spitting the dummy and abandoning the Brumbies? I;m trying to understand why he has bailed on the Brumbies with 2 years left on his contract??

So nice to give up du Toit and Coetzee for them to be in the stands. Ridiculous. With these home games, give the guys who are not in the match 22, the chance to play for their team in the Currie Cup!

I suppose the rationale is they are backup if someone in the 23 pulls a muscle in training or something.

I think Jake considering the Brumbies as more of a platform to an international job and maybe feels a bit hard done by, still disappointing UNLESS he comes to the Stormers in which case jizz.

I'd also like to see Lambie ahead of Zane not so much because of Zane being bad, he did mess up a few high balls but every miss was down to Ben Smith - either way Zane is is stop-gap and considering we are the 2nd best team in the world at the moment and Zane is maybe the fith best international fullback (Ireland/Wales/Aus/NZ have better) we need someone better long term especially with Zane moving to Ireland, maybe Lambie is the man, maybe he isn't but I feel he deserves a prolonged starting spot to prove himself.

Otherwise I'm hoping for blood, figuratively of course.

I think Jake considering the Brumbies as more of a platform to an international job and maybe feels a bit hard done by
So he spat the dummy huh. I can see why he is ******, but sucks for the Brumbies. He had turned them around and now he bails on them.
What White did for the brumbies reminds me of what Rennie has done with the Chiefs. Bunch of no names really with a couple of stars and got them beating the top sides. Brumbies became best in OZ, Chiefs best in the competition.

Big loss for OZ rugby - can't say I respect Whites decision though. Not a big fan of people who bail on contracts.

Agreed, despite being a great coach he's always had a flair for melodrama, his book reads almost as an excuse as to why we lost 2007, whining about every little thing and then he kinda has to amend the end to fit properly when we actually did win.

You can't disrespect that way to the Wallabies. They won the Tri Nations two years ago and they deleted you in the last RWC. They have the players and the potential to beat any team, I have much respect for them. As I said, with these players: Horwill, Pocock, Hooper, Higginbotham, Ioane, Genia, Speight, Folau and others, they can beat anyone. Just need time to return to what they were.

Cheers

Oh no, no disrespect meant, I am saying your claim that the team as posted by you can or will take a World Cup is incorrect, in my view

Wallabies team:

15 Israel Folau
14 Adam Ashley-Cooper
13 Tevita Kuridrani
12 Christian Leali'ifano
11 Joe Tomane
10 Quade Cooper
9 Nic White
8 Ben Mowen
7 Michael Hooper
6 Scott Fardy
5 James Horwill
4 Rob Simmons
3 Ben Alexander
2 Stephen Moore
1 James Slipper

16 Saia Fainga'a
17 Benn Robinson
18 Sekope Kepu
19 Sitaleki Timani
20 Ben McCalman
21 Will Genia
22 Matt Toomua
23 Chris Feauai-Sautia

Only Hooper and Folau make me sit up and take note at this stage. Really we have no business not winning here.

Latest posts