• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] South Africa vs. New Zealand in Johannesburg (05/10/2013)

Crud. I got sidetracked today and totally forgot about watching the match with y'all! Now I have to watch it all by my onesies. :(

das

Well that was a decent warm up for the real big match today.....:D

Last edited:
New Zealand, excellent.
An incredible test match, everything we possibly could've expected out of no. 1 and no. 2. But no.1 is easily no.1, and no. isn't all that close in the end. We all knew it, but this confirmed it further.

Very impressive by both teams, but S.A. just not strong enough, and NZ played their strengths well AND managed to counter SA's strengths too, except the scrum.

NZ unbeaten for two years straight in TRC since it's called TRC. They're invincible as far as 2013.

Just watched the replay of the Barret tackle. The SA winger should be ashamed he had a huge head start.

And now, who will finish third in this competition? Imagine the Pumas finishing ahead of Australia in just his second RC...would be awesome!!!

No way he had it easy imo. De Villiers was outstanding in a loosing team.

well maybe if they won then yes but you have to give it to read, best forward in that game.

oh yeah can stop use 'loosing', hate to correct people but just reading 'loosing' instead of 'losing' makes me want to punch my monitor haha

Exciting game but New Zealand just took it to another level in the final 20 (apart from Ben Franks who is an absolute retard). Read man of the match.

I have a new found respect for Nigel Owens, best ref'ing I have seen in a long time. My only rather small complaint was that Fourie du Preez was feeding the scrum at such an angle he might as well have just gave it to the number 8 directly. I know Smith and Kerr-Barlow weren't exactly putting it in straight either but it was much much better than what du Preez was doing.

Just watched the replay of the Barret tackle. The SA winger should be ashamed he had a huge head start.

Le Roux didn't look like he was running at full speed, he probably thought that Barrett would give up and/or would not be able to catch him in time. In his defence, I think we all did!

If he had been as good as Read he may not have been on the losing team ;)

Thats what im saying Read had it easy the AB's were all over them in this match and actually won it at a canter in the end. Not De Villiers fault his team mates are a bunch of soft cocks.

The best game of the year! Thank you very much to both teams, both made us spend a nice moment.

Thanks to Rugby's God for this game!

Standing, gentlemen. We must congratulate both teams for what were done in the field.

This is rugby!!!!!!

As an ABs fan I am stoked with that win.
Especially after some of the arrogant comments from some Bok supporters on here claiming that they would have won at Eden park if they hadn't received the card against Bismark. Ridiculous comments especially when you consider the boks were down at the time of the card.

But I digress... Fantastic game today by two very good teams

very excited to see France play both these juggernauts next month !!

First of all, well done to the All Blacks. Better team today, and all throughout the tournament.
I can't help but feel the scoreline doesn't reflect the close nature of the contest, but what can you do?
Springboks playing very positive rugby. A huge change from the de Villiers era.

Brilliant game. By the far the best game I've seen in ages.

What the hell was that about Cole being left out of the team sheet? Whoever made that mistake is probably feeling like a complete idiot atm. Hope nothing else comes of it.