• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 EOYT] France vs Australia

Hang in there France, I want an extra week as the 3rd best team in the world! Folau is absolutely fantastic, most gifted footballer in the world.

Australia and their convenient yellow cards... make you wonder doesn't it.

Very happy for France. Rugby isn't the same without a competitive French team.

He actually is, I looked it up a minute ago.

Gets to something when you have to google the French players to see if they're actually French.
I did exactly the same last week! At least in Ireland we let everyone one know by branding them project players! :D Avoids confusion.

Glorious??? Are you crazy??? Now the French are motivated to play against us. We needed an Aussie victory

Au contraire, my friend, a team like France has 1 week of glorious rugby and another of miserable failure.

That means next week daddy's getting some undeserved points and even a new ranking position. And maybe sex.

Glorious??? Are you crazy??? Now the French are motivated to play against us. We needed an Aussie victory

Alternatively: This was France's traditional actually-turn-up-for-one-game-in-November out of the way, and they'll be terrible next week :p

Very hard to sit through those last 10 min, when I saw that last break I thought they were going for it for sure but what's won us the whole game occurred again, quality defense. I'm very happy because we really deserved to win this, and had we lost the dominant team for 80min wouldn't have been represented in the score.

The bad part of my post: Australia got extremely lucky with the ref. High tackles, a shoulder charge, a debatable late tackle, the dangerous tackle letting go, Skelton under Chouly on the lineout...at least one yellow should've found its way in the Aussie side.

So far looking at this new look France for two tests, we've found some attacking back, couldn't see much of it in the 2nd half here as it was essentially an ultra-tight 'must-win' atmosphere settled at the tee.
But along with the defense, the breakdown...I'd rather lose a game that looks like this than win games that looked like what we did in Australia/at the 6N.

Individualls:
Camille Lopez, again, is one of the best FH's in the world atm but was obviously not comfortable (pressure playing a big team at home ? Plans unclear from staff ?) and although he was magnificent from the tee, he made a ton of bad decisions (despite some fantastic found touches) which he'd never make a tenth of for Clermont. He'll get better as it goes, still young and following PSA's incompetent strategies I think has got him confused.
STB and Kockott have given us what Parra hasn't. A real intent to play quick ball out the rucks and inject int'l caliber pace.

Our pack was excellent, and I'm confident Slimani+Atonio on the TH can get us the job done, and Menini and Chiocci seem to hold up well. They're not exactly prime Barcella, Marconnet, Milloud, Domingo or Faure but it's a new era and France doesn't seem to produce em as brutal as it used to...all good things come to an end.

Defense won us the game. Very glad with the result, we managed 30 points on Aus. Too bad it came this close in the end...don't think it reflects the global sentiment of the game.

Au contraire, my friend, a team like France has 1 week of glorious rugby and another of miserable failure.

That means next week daddy's getting some undeserved points and even a new ranking position. And maybe sex.

I don't think so, I prefered an Aussie victory and then we bury the dead. Now they feel they have risen, that's not good for us

So a reasonable performance by the French the aggression was there that had been lacking recently, scrum definitely needs work, still far too may mistakes but you can afford a few mistakes as long as you win. Only NH nation to win two in a row, the nation that are useless so i have been hearing are now the only one with Ireland unbeaten. England lose two out of two, is this the decline of the Rosbif and the resurgence of les Francais!!!!! its all about confidence they say, but fancy losing two games in the Temple shocking n'est pas!!!!!!!!!! All we need now is a 3rd victory against the Arggies and upset Conrad , then a grand Slam and then the World Cup the master plan is starting to unfold, even with PSA in charge "UNBELIEVABLE "

Well if anyone ever had any doubts, here's the proof that you're French.

you're soooooo butthurt today it wouldn't even be fair for me to step in your wound :p your posts have been a delight to read, and it would be too easy, simply. :D

Fairly good day of Rugby today. Fairly good.
No but, all I ask is that we're a little bit competitive, that's all...really felt good to see France show a little bit of relevance. Randomly France start playing well again, we're so fkng insane, seriously...

So a reasonable performance by the French the aggression was there that had been lacking recently, scrum definitely needs work, still far too may mistakes but you can afford a few mistakes as long as you win. Only NH nation to win two in a row, the nation that are useless so i have been hearing are now the only one with Ireland unbeaten. England lose two out of two, is this the decline of the Rosbif and the resurgence of les Francais!!!!! its all about confidence they say, but fancy losing two games in the Temple shocking n'est pas!!!!!!!!!! All we need now is a 3rd victory against the Arggies and upset Conrad , then a grand Slam and then the World Cup the master plan is starting to unfold, even with PSA in charge "UNBELIEVABLE "

Gaston, I'm going to stick a bet on for Ireland to win the slam and the World Cup, you do the same for France and when one of them eventually happens whoever of the two of us wins buys the other a Guinness! You game?!

Latest posts