• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 Mid-Year Tests] England

Just said on BT Sport that Wade is unlikely to play again this season.
Not sure how far in to the off season his injury will go (if at all) - If he's fit, even with no game time at Wasps, I'd still have him in the squad. Wouldn't have him in the tests, but with the BaaBaas and the Crusaders games he can still get time in a White shirt.

Yeh tbh he deserves it from last years performances England caps were robbed a bit by injury . We know what he is capable of at club level

What an attacking back three we would have 11.Banahan 14.Ashton 15.Goode :p

EDIT What is the most useless/pointless team we could put out ?
1.Sheridan 2.Paice 3.Stevens 4.Botha 5.Palmer 6.Dowson 7.Johnson 8.Crane 9.___10.Lamb 11.Banahan 12.Turner-Hall 13.Tomkins 14.Ashton 15.Goode

Sheridan ???? And what has Crane done wrong ? Lol

It was pointless/useless and Sheridan is pointless. Crane is just ****ing useless

It was pointless/useless and Sheridan is pointless. Crane is just ****ing useless

Crane is a good club player . Been a very useful servant for Leicester over the years . Short of international standard but still . Sheridan is a brilliant player don't understand why you would say he's pointless ?

Because we have three good young looseheads who are playing in England. I'm not saying that he is bad and it has no bearing on his talent, it's like Dowson, he is a very good club player but we have options in his position. Palmer is pointless not like Banahan who just got picked because of his size. Crane every time I have ever seen him hasn't looked as good as Waldrom.
Talking of players abroad the Armitages. I don't think Delon would get into are team and would struggle getting into the squad, Steffon could possibly get into the squad but doesn't have the fitness we need for our game to work.

Because we have three good young looseheads who are playing in England. I'm not saying that he is bad and it has no bearing on his talent, it's like Dowson, he is a very good club player but we have options in his position. Palmer is pointless not like Banahan who just got picked because of his size. Crane every time I have ever seen him hasn't looked as good as Waldrom.
Talking of players abroad the Armitages. I don't think Delon would get into are team and would struggle getting into the squad, Steffon could possibly get into the squad but doesn't have the fitness we need for our game to work.

I'd rather have Sheridan playing LH against SA than mako Vunipola though and still believe it was blind robbery that he didn't go on the lions tour considering he sat Jenkins on the bench for the whole season at Toulon

I'd rather have Sheridan playing LH against SA than mako Vunipola though and still believe it was blind robbery that he didn't go on the lions tour considering he sat Jenkins on the bench for the whole season at Toulon

He refused to go.

If we have everyone fit I don't think Sheridan would be on our bench.

Out of interest, who do people prefer - 2014 Brown vs. 2010 Foden vs. 2009(?) Armitage?

I'd like this (replacements included in case players are in the final)

1. Corbisiero -> Marler -> Vunipola
2. Hartley -> Webber -> Ward
3. Wilson -> Thomas -> Cole (I want Cole to have a rest this summer, but if needs must...)
4. Launchbury
5. Lawes -> Attwood -> Parling
6. Wood -> Johnson
7. Robshaw -> Kvesic
8. Morgan
9. Care -> Dickson -> Robson
10. Farrell -> Ford -> Slade
11. May
12. Twelvetrees
13. Tuilagi -> Burrell -> Daly
14. Yarde
15. Brown -> Foden -> Nowell

16. Webber -> Ward -> George, I guess
17. Marler -> Vunipola -> Waller -> Mullan
18. Thomas -> Cole -> Wilson, I guess
19. Attwood -> Parling -> Stooke
20. Vunipola -> Kvesic -> Johnson
21. Dickson -> Robson -> Wigglesworth
22. Ford -> Slade
23. Eastmond/Burrell/Daly/Foden/Nowell/Watson

Last edited:
Cant see Slater not going considering he is already in the EPS and is captaining Tigers and doing a good job. He will be ahead of Stooke j'nuh.

Crane dose a lot more than waldrom in defence though Saffycen

Sinckler might be forcing his way in... if he can be consistent then he might find himself ahead of Thomas.
Seriously - our lack of good scrummagers at TH makes this an unbelievably good opportunity for Kyle.

Cant see Slater not going considering he is already in the EPS and is captaining Tigers and doing a good job. He will be ahead of Stooke j'nuh.

I put Stooke in, because if Parling is not available for the first test, then Slater won't be either. In reality, I don't really mind which plays.

Fair play just everytime I see him I think 'meh' as I feel the role of an 8 is too run like a back and make ground in contact. He isn't a Vunipola/Morgan/Waldrom so I guess he doesn't really shine to me. I think he gets physically dominated in contact by other back row players, I remember vs Toulouse and Dusautoir and co. smashed him back most times.

19. Attwood -> Parling -> Stooke
I would like to put Kruis into the mix ahead of Stooke just because he is more developed than Stooke. He had a good game v Quins today

Last edited:
Fair play just everytime I see him I think 'meh' as I feel the role of an 8 is too run like a back and make ground in contact. He isn't a Vunipola/Morgan/Waldrom so I guess he doesn't really shine to me. I think he gets physically dominated in contact by other back row players, I remember vs Toulouse and Dusautoir and co. smashed him back most times.

Suppose it depends on the balance.

Leicester have for a long time now had the 6 fill that role in attack more than the 8, the likes of Mafi, Croft and Gibson.

The game against Toulose I think the back row was 6. Mafi, 7. Waldrom, 8. Crane the back row was doomed despite having Mafi in.

It depends on tactics Crane doesn't lose the ball much but he doesn't really make many yards, so he is more of an around the breakdown runner, whereas Croft, Mafi and Gibson are wide in the backs because of they pace. Crane is not a player you want out in the backs thought imo.

Look your the Tigers fan and have watched him ALOT more than I have, I just think the guy doesn't make yards which is poor from an 6 ft 3, 100+ kg number 8.

Look your the Tigers fan and have watched him ALOT more than I have, I just think the guy doesn't make yards which is poor from an 6 ft 3, 100+ kg number 8.

I defiantly agree with that he doesn't make the yards in fact I stated he doesn't. I just saying why he is preferred to waldrom.

It is why Cockerill is getting this player from Rotherham that is a big ball carrying tank (according to there supporters).

Crane is like a poor man's Vermuelen/Faletau... he isn't a bosher but he lacks in power he makes up for in the number of carries he makes.
He's not as good as he used to be but he would consistently make a lot of metres for Leicester 3-4 years ago.

Latest posts