• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Bulls vs. Lions (Round 3)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Super%20Rugby.png

Loftus Versveld, Pretoria

Bulls.png
Versus%20Super.png
Lions.png

17:05 CAT

Teams:

Lions: 15. Chrysander Botha, 14. Deon van Rensburg, 13. JW Jonker , 12. Stefan Watermeyer, 11. Ruan Combrinck, 10. Marnitz Boshoff, 9. Faf de Klerk, 8. Warren Whiteley (captain), 7. Warwick Tecklenburg, 6. Jaco Kriel, 5. Franco van der Merwe, 4. Franco Mostert, 3. Julian Redelinghuys, 2. Robbie Coetzee, 1. Schalk van der Merwe

Substitutes: 16. Willie Wepener, 17. Jacques van Rooyen, 18. Ruan Dreyer, 19. MB Lusaseni , 20. Willie Britz, 21. Ross Cronjé, 22. Courtnall Skosan, 23. Coenie van Wyk

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bulls: Jurgen Visser , Akona Ndungane , JJ Engelbrecht , Jan Serfontein, Bjorn Basson, Jacques-Louis Potgieter , Francois Hougaard, Grant Hattingh , Jacques du Plessis, Jono Ross, Victor Matfield , Flip van der Merwe (c), Frik Kirsten, Callie Visagie , Dean Greyling.

Replacements: Bongi Mbonambi, Werner Kruger , Marcel van der Merwe, Paul Willemse, Jacques Engelbrecht , Piet van Zyl, Handre Pollard, Ulrich Beyers.

Last edited:
I see Matfield and JLP are starting. Probably a good move on both accounts.

I see Matfield and JLP are starting. Probably a good move on both accounts.

Has the teams been announced yet? I can't find anything on any of the local rugby websites... Only speculated reports like JLP to start at Fly Half, Grant Hattingh to play at 8 and Vic to start...

There is a new MMO game out called BullsCraft - one can play it for years and very little changes apart from new skins (read jerseys) every year.

Last edited:
yup if you played in back in 2010, must be before they patched it;)

P.S. If you can't take a joke then don't reply

yup if you played in back in 2010, must be before they patched it;)

P.S. If you can't take a joke then don't reply

I can take a joke. It's just funny that it's ONLY Stormers fans that usually give the Bulls guys kak. Yet last year the Bulls won the Conference ***le, whereas the Stormers always seem to get into finals but then lose...

Shame, actually got it from a Bulls supporter friend, so sorry it hit a nerve.
and your comeback with historical stats is getting as boring as your team now

The Bulls should have no excuses not to win all their lineout ball with that forward pack. They have two loose-forwards that are over 2m tall!

Shame, actually got it from a Bulls supporter friend, so sorry it hit a nerve.
and your comeback with historical stats is getting as boring as your team now
Funny you mention that, when the CC starts we're all probably gonna hear how many times WP have won it from their supporter bandwagon.

The Bulls should have no excuses not to win all their lineout ball with that forward pack. They have two loose-forwards that are over 2m tall!

My concern is not the height of our jumpers. It's our hookers that can't throw in to the line out.

The changes in the team makes me both excited and nervous.

JLP is a big step in the right direction, I just hope he's not rusty as this will be his first Super Rugby game in over 2 years.
Grant Hattingh last played at no.8 when he was with Maties during the Varsity Cup in 2012.
Frik Kirsten is just a rotation with Kruger, but he brings a little extra in the loose phases.
Big Vic has been superb since his return, and will definitely add to the missing experience on the field.

Hi hope we can win, but the Jukskei Derby has been a brutal affair as usual.

Welcome back Jacques-Louis Potgieter!!

What a performance by him on the weekend, he made Marnitz Boshoff look like a schoolkid.

Really happy with the win. And the glimpses of what we actually can do.

Much better showing by the Bulls - an average to good fly-half making all the diffs, imagine if they had a decent fetcher, scrummy and fullback.
Sorry Lions, the honeymoon is over

Much better showing by the Bulls - an average to good fly-half making all the diffs, imagine if they had a decent fetcher, scrummy and fullback.
Sorry Lions, the honeymoon is over

one thing at a time...

at least we all know now that Louis Fouche is KAK!

oh and don't get me started on Jurgen Visser... He can just f-off back to whatever hole he came from...

one thing at a time...

at least we all know now that Louis Fouche is KAK!

oh and don't get me started on Jurgen Visser... He can just f-off back to whatever hole he came from...

I see that I posted in the wrong thread earlier.

At last my team won a game, still a lot of issues. Hattingh is not an 8, Marcel van der Merwe can't scrum, Visser is ****! JLP did make a huge difference and he needs to stay at 10.

I see that I posted in the wrong thread earlier.

At last my team won a game, still a lot of issues. Hattingh is not an 8, Marcel van der Merwe can't scrum, Visser is ****! JLP did make a huge difference and he needs to stay at 10.

I agree with Hattingh, maybe he forgot how to play no. 8 as he has been mainly used as a lock the last few seasons. As for Marcel, they shouldn't move him around so much. He can scrum, but he's a tighthead IMHO and not a loosehead.

And yeah, Visser, the less we talk about that idiot, the better.

Latest posts