• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby Semi-final: Waratahs v Brumbies

I'm watching the replay of the game. Yeah, I'm a crazy rugby supporter

Are they even allowed to do that on the pitch? I mean...children will be watching!

das

lol gee, you've got to be on the lookout on this forum at all times, totally lowered my guard there. Goddamn innuendos...you will pay for this. Can't say how or when, but you will. Eventually. I know, super intimidating.

Ewis doesn't give a shhit he does what he wants.

YEAH MAN !!!! I'm just *that* cool. :p

I'm watching the replay of the game. Yeah, I'm a crazy rugby supporter

Totally with Conrad on this one, he's quite a view and I might "watch the replay of the game" myself a little later.

---353_bernard_foley_20130425182932785585-300x0.jpg

I mean, just look at that haircut...gotta appreciate a man who looks after himself like dat.

Well done to the Waratahs. They were dominant for the first 20 minutes but the Brumbies came back at them hard and looked like scoring a number of times but were unable to penetrate the strong Waratahs defense. Lineouts are sure to be a concern for the Waratahs going into the final, especially considering how the Crusaders lineout got the better of a strong Sharks lineout in the other semi-final.

Hooper was man of the match for me - he is clearly the best 7 in world rugby in my opinion. Skelton made an impact when he came on with his ball running, but his discipline really let him down (3 penalties in 25 minutes). Phipps really impressed me at 9 - he was sharp on attack and made a couple of crucial cover tackles. I thought he outplayed Nic White.
Foley and Beale both played well (Beale defense was surprisingly strong), and the outside backs all had solid games, though the Brumbies did largely contain Folau (no easy feat!).

The Brumbies tight-five played well, but I felt they lacked some dynamic ball runners in he pack. Kuridrani was the pick of the Brumbies for me. I'm not usually a big fan but he looked sharp on attack and made some big hits on defense. Mogg was poor at fullback, and I felt Coleman was poor on the wing too - he missed a number of tackles out-wide. Speight was well contained, but Tomane and McCabe made good impacts when the came on (In hindsight perhaps both should have been starting...).

Hooper was man of the match for me - he is clearly the best 7 in world rugby in my opinion.

That's what I've been saying a loooong time ago here and some tell me that Sean O'Brien is better than him

^_^

One thing I would say Darwin is that Phips delivery was very poor IMO, a lot of balls to high for Foley.

One thing I would say Darwin is that Phips delivery was very poor IMO, a lot of balls to high for Foley.

I generally agree with this. Passing has never been a strong point for Phipps, which is the reason I have never really rated him. I just felt the good (superb defense, excellent support play, sniping running) far outweighed the bad (slightly erratic passing) this match.

Phipps does have a tendency to be a little high occasionally, but for mine the bigger problem is his tendency to take a couple steps before a pass. He got caught out a couple times this week, and he'll need to be a lot sharper against the Crusaders.

Well done Tahs, at least this semi final was somewhat competitive (more than the scoreline suggests)

Latest posts