• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby Semi-final: Waratahs v Brumbies

Tahs were good enough to win this. I thought they got alot of help from the Ref tonight but the Brumbies should of taken their chances better.

Still think the Tahs are going to get steamrolled next week even at home.

it's going to be one fuccking final next week...

Saders easily imo. The main factor being these two teams never played this year so there was no chance for the Tahs to pull the wool over the saders eyes earlier in the season.

Dangerous tackle by Taqele!

Last edited:
Am I right to say the Waratahs and Crusaders haven't faced each other this season before next week's final?

Well done, Tahs! Well done. HUGE defense and great attack. Only one more step

Saders easily imo. The main factor being these two teams never played this year so there was no chance for the Tahs to pull the wool over the saders eyes earlier in the season.

Well I like both teams but I have a small preference for the Tahs. I'll check out the Crusaders smashing the Shawks later on today but that was a heck of an impressive score for the kiwi club...Waratahs had the best points difference in SR difference this season apparently, and like the pundit said at the end it's their defense that won this one rather than their attacking, although both were brilliant all year long.
I guess the "Saders" have way more experience and veterans who know their way in finals, while the Waratahs are this brilliant but still up-and-coming youth squad with relatively fresh personalities. Maybe that'll be the difference maker.

Well I like both teams but I have a small preference for the Tahs. I'll check out the Crusaders smashing the Shawks later on today but that was a heck of an impressive score for the kiwi club...Waratahs had the best points difference in SR difference this season apparently, and like the pundit said at the end it's their defense that won this one rather than their attacking, although both were brilliant all year long.
I guess the "Saders" have way more experience and veterans who know their way in finals, while the Waratahs are this brilliant but still up-and-coming youth squad with relatively fresh personalities. Maybe that'll be the difference maker.

Thats fine but think about this. What if the Saders played in the aussie conferance instead of the Tahs? Heck what if ANY nz team played in the Aussie conferance rather than the Tahs? Other than the Brumbies it would be a slaughter.

The final will not be a slaughter, I think you're overestimating the Saders and underestimating the Tahs, I know you think the Tahs pack will get munched but in reality they are a very good unit. I'd probably only take 3 or 4 players from the Saders pack for the Tahs tbh.

The final will not be a slaughter, I think you're overestimating the Saders and underestimating the Tahs, I know you think the Tahs pack will get munched but in reality they are a very good unit. I'd probably only take 3 or 4 players from the Saders pack for the Tahs tbh.

The Tahs pack is a solid unit that carries the ball really well and creates a lot of space for those backs.

Where did I say the final would be a slaughter? read what I said.... When I said saders easily thats assuming a 7 plus winning margin. Not a 30 point drubbing.

Where did I say the final would be a slaughter? read what I said.... When I said saders easily thats assuming a 7 plus winning margin. Not a 30 point drubbing.

Still think the Tahs are going to get steamrolled next week even at home.

and I agree with lynam. Obviously a neutral non-risk taker could never go for the Waratahs getting beaten heftily at home next week in the SR final.
And about the Waratahs and what if kiwi sides played in the Aus conference, well I'm no SR expert but I did see the Tahs put on a show the whole year long, through highlights, some pieces of match, and results, and they did put 33 past the mighty Chiefs in New Zealand and absolutely smash the Highlanders at home recently. And seeing how they took care of the Brumbies today, I'd say they look fairly good for next week, whichever angle you'd look at it from. The only thing I'd give the Crusaders outright is, again, their experience and hence the poise of being a SR veteran side. That's just how it looks to me, again I'm just a 'guest fan'.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByRugby Forum1406379994.517299.jpg
FARKING AWESOME GAME!!

Seriously, our intensity in defence reminded me of Origin 1 - it was just crazy!

Jaco Piper almost ruined the whole game with his pedantic and incompetent refereeing, but credit it to the boys, they were just awesome.

Crusaders looked on another level tonight, but fingers crossed the boys can go the final step.

Latest posts