• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Quarter Final 4: Australia vs. Scotland (18/10/2015)

Yeah I dunno. Sometimes I think Hein got his invitation to Law School from a pretzel packet. How did you think that gif was about JP Pietersen!? You may as well have just given a brief description about Ninja Turtles. That would have been cooler.

So fans of different countries who have complained about what would seemingly be fairly clear inconsistencies about punishments handed out (or not) to different countries for different offences of varying severity aren't an issue because you disagree?

Magic.

No not at all.

They follow a protocol and take the necessary requirements into consideration for each individual case. As each case has it's own circumstances. But there is a matter of video footage available to them. They can only work on what they get, and then only have a limited time available to them to make a call. It's my opinion that the commisioners do everything possible to ensure each action gets the proper overview before citation takes place.

I think it would have been more of a farce if JP Pietersen had been cited... But then again, I know I would get slandered for my opinion because I'm South African and I support the bokke.

So fans of different countries who have complained about what would seemingly be fairly clear inconsistencies about punishments handed out (or not) to different countries for different offences of varying severity aren't an issue because you disagree?

Magic.

Think he's also entitled to an opinion?????

As a neutral(unfortunately!) I can't see Scotland getting anywhere near beating the Aussies.If they only get beat by say 5-10 points I think that's the best they can hope for.I'll be having a bet,as I will on the other matches,and I'm going for Aus by 21-25 points at 6/1.Aus are a prohibitive 1/10 on to win.

No not at all.

They follow a protocol and take the necessary requirements into consideration for each individual case. As each case has it's own circumstances. But there is a matter of video footage available to them. They can only work on what they get, and then only have a limited time available to them to make a call. It's my opinion that the commisioners do everything possible to ensure each action gets the proper overview before citation takes place.

I think it would have been more of a farce if JP Pietersen had been cited... But then again, I know I would get slandered for my opinion because I'm South African and I support the bokke.

There is no doubt that the punishments given out to players have been inconsistant. That's the problem and that's the issue that I and other fans have. Even in that short gif I shared there are clear instances where i think a reasonable argument could be made to suggest they were more worthy of punishment as opposed to the tackle by Ford and Gray.

It stinks.

There is no doubt that the punishments given out to players have been inconsistant. That's the problem and that's the issue that I and other fans have. Even in that short gif I shared there are clear instances where i think a reasonable argument could be made to suggest they were more worthy of punishment as opposed to the tackle by Ford and Gray.

It stinks.

Could not agree more .The last quarter of the Scotland v Samoa game saw Samoa concede a raft of penalties yet never a yellow card was seen .Has to be far more consistency and fairness
regarding infringements and citings .

I'm not so much concerned about that as I am with clear instances of dangerous play, sometimes quite clearluy intentional and others less so. The ref had a poor game for the Sco v Sam match but at least he was poor where both teams were consernced. In that regard at least you could forgive him for being consistant. My gripe is more with the instances were some players seem to be getting cited for some instances and other players seem to be getting away with a lot worse.

Jonny Gray and Ross Ford absent while Pocock and Hooper will be on the field... Australia by 20.

Citing System Proven An Utter Farce ! The Referee has and should always be regarded as the ultimate authority in any match . The introduction of the TMO is an advancement to ensure that incidents missed or necessitating closer scrutiny are covered to allow the Referee to officiate fairly and without prejudice . The introduction of the Independent Judicial Officer is cumbersome , officious and quite unnecessary .The latest piece of legal nonsense concerning the dastardly offences of Johnnie Gray and Ross Ford takes the biscuit ! The IJC , Christopher Quinlan QC stated that refs " may only give evidence of fact not opinion" !The Ref , Jaco Peyper insisted he had dealt with the matter correctly by awarding a penalty against Scotland for another offence and that Samoa's Jack Lam had not had his safety endangered to the extent that the charge had alleged ." After our internal performance review process I am satisfied that I dealt with the incident appropriately" . Well said Mr Peyper - let common sense prevail and let us get rid of those superfluous court room committees !

No not at all.

You wouldn't be slandered because you're a South African and support the Boks.
You'd be slandered beacuse you're a 'one eyed' biased supporter who must walk about with your eyes and brain firmly shut,
if you think Pietersons 'tackle' was a fair one under current rules.
It's fine to stand up for your side, but why defend the indefensible?
You sound like the scribe of the court 'stonewalling' about some objectionable decision.
Admit it. There have been some really stupid citings and inconsistencies of punishment in this world cup.

What's the point even if successful at best they drop a game down to 2, Scotland aren't making the final so it's a waste of everyone's time.

Both players play for one of the SRU run teams and they will miss games for them.

What's the point even if successful at best they drop a game down to 2, Scotland aren't making the final so it's a waste of everyone's time.

Maybe it's simply the bloody principle. Have you thought of that?

Scotland have started really talking themselves up for this match I notice, with players saying they think they're more than capable of being world champions. Interesting talk coming from a team that lost all its 6N games in the most recent tournament, but frankly I'm pleased they're talking thesmelves up, as it'll just keep the Wallabies focused. I remember Richie McCaw saying that the ABs liked it when the Wallabies started talking themselves up, as they felt that was when they were the most vulnerable. I tend to agree with him and think it's not a great sign in a side.

Latest posts