• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] Scotland vs Italy (Round 3)

Isn't Tommaso Allen supposed to be the saviour of Italian fly-half play?

Fantastic result for Italy, it's all left for Scotland to do now to scrape a win somewhere.

A great win and a much needed boost for Italian rugby this was. With 2 home matches to go against France and Wales we can definitely use this win at Murrayfield positively and try get another win. Calls to get Italy back out of the 6 nations is wrong as we are at least competitive now, even if not threatening to win the tournament.

Positives yesterday were the performances of the newcomes at the back. Bacchin was excellent on debut. Venditti not a newcomer, but as someone said above he was outstanding and definitely one of the MOTM along with many of the forwards. McLean was also brilliant.

Main negative is Haimona. There is no way we can continue to have him at number 10. Would be better to at least pay Allan there who is more natural and better in that position.

Winning on the road is something this Italy can rarely do so it is vital to get such wins on to record. Now 2 matches in Rome, and definitely not without a chance of a win.

From a Scotland PoV, I can give Vern Cotter a lot of credit for the way he has the team playing

I remember in the late Nineties, the margin of defeat was horrendous and Vern now has the team playing and competing till the latter stages of a game

The next job for Vern is to get the team competing for a fulll 80+ minutes

A great win and a much needed boost for Italian rugby this was. With 2 home matches to go against France and Wales we can definitely use this win at Murrayfield positively and try get another win. Calls to get Italy back out of the 6 nations is wrong as we are at least competitive now, even if not threatening to win the tournament.

Positives yesterday were the performances of the newcomes at the back. Bacchin was excellent on debut. Venditti not a newcomer, but as someone said above he was outstanding and definitely one of the MOTM along with many of the forwards. McLean was also brilliant.

Main negative is Haimona. There is no way we can continue to have him at number 10. Would be better to at least pay Allan there who is more natural and better in that position.

Winning on the road is something this Italy can rarely do so it is vital to get such wins on to record. Now 2 matches in Rome, and definitely not without a chance of a win.
McLean played 1st receiver a-lot against Scotland and England and it has resulted in tries. Would become a possibility that they should try playing McLean more games at 10 ?.

McLean played 10 in the past for Italy, I really don't know why we didn't keep him in the spot.
Or maybe I know why. It's some kind of hysteria, if the "new 10" doesn't perform excellent in the first matches we trash him like garbage. Fortunately we kept McLean as fullback but I do agree with you we should try him again as 10. P.s. Neither in Treviso he was playing 10, and I think he's not doing it for Sharks too.

We've imported Craig Gower from League. The adventure didn't finish well, despite I think he wasn't bad at all, there are some voices that his second name wasn't exactly "commitment". I think he didn't put a foot on italian soil since the day after we've been kicked out from RWC 2011.

McLean played 10 in the past for Italy, I really don't know why we didn't keep him in the spot.
Or maybe I know why. It's some kind of hysteria, if the "new 10" doesn't perform excellent in the first matches we trash him like garbage. Fortunately we kept McLean as fullback but I do agree with you we should try him again as 10. P.s. Neither in Treviso he was playing 10, and I think he's not doing it for Sharks too.

We've imported Craig Gower from League. The adventure didn't finish well, despite I think he wasn't bad at all, there are some voices that his second name wasn't exactly "commitment". I think he didn't put a foot on italian soil since the day after we've been kicked out from RWC 2011.
One thing which might be a factor for Italy is what is McLean's goalkicking like ?, Cause i've never seen him kick and if you can find a good goalkicker then Italy will improve. Which Scotland also needs a good backup 10 as if Russell is out and we dont have a replacement then we are not going to win alot off matches if Russell gets a bad injury

Oh hi there @ImScotty!!

Remember when you harassed me about Scotland being better than Italy??

How about them apples???

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts