• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] Scotland vs Italy (Round 3)

iINDOMINUSxx

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
6Nations.jpg

Scotland.png
Versus%20Challenge.png
Italy.png

Scotland vs Italy

Date: Saturday, 28 February 2015 - 14:30 GMT (UTC+0)
Referee: George Clancy (Ireland)

Team Line-ups:
[TABLE="width: 500, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]Scotland
[/TD]
[TD]vs
[/TD]
[TD]Italy
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Stuart Hogg[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]Luke McLean[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tommy Seymour[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]Michele Visentin[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Mark Bennett[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]Luca Morisi[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Alex Dunbar[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]Enrico Bacchin[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sean Lamont[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]Giovambattista Venditti[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Peter Horne[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]Kelly Haimona[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Greig Laidlaw[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]Edoardo Gori[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Johnnie Beattie[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]Sergio Parisse[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Blair Cowan[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]Simone Favaro[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rob Harley[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]Francesco Minto[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jonny Gray[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]Joshua Furno[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tim Swinson[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]George Fabio Biagi[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Euan Murray[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]Dario Chistolini[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ross Ford[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]Leonardo Ghiraldini[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Alasdair Dickinson[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]Matias Aguero[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Replacements[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Fraser Brown[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]Andrea Manici[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ryan Grant[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]Alberto De Marchi[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Geoff Cross[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]Lorenzo Cittadini[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ben Toolis[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]Marco Fuser[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Hamish Watson[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]Samuela Vunisa[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sam Hidalgo-Clyne[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]Guglielmo Palazzani[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Greig Tonks[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]Tommaso Allan[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Matt Scott[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]Giulio Bisegni[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Guys, I have a request that after this match no matter what happen's. Could we please not turn it into a brawl like last time. If there is a big incident in the game which need's to be discussed then please can you make your own thread and post the topic there. I'm only posting it here because us Scot's were the one's really that started it and continued it on (Including myself) but the Welsh weren't as bad or anyone else but could do the same. Thank guys. After all were here to discuss not to argue

I think Scotland will win and Italy will take the wooden spoon. Generally this engagement has been the one with the worst rugby on show but I think both sides will look to play proper rugby rather than get in an arm wrestle.

If Italy play like they did against us it should be a high scoring game. I would go for Scotland to win but both teams score over 20 points.

To be absolutely honest with you I didn't think Italy played that well. I thought England's defence was pretty poor last week, Well i think England are much better in defence then that anyway. I was thinking this would be similar to Scotland vs Argentina but us to not make that much mistakes as we did in that game. So i reakon Scotland by +20.

Ah yes, the annual "feel good about yourself" game for the other four teams in the tournament. Can't wait to see who tries harder to throw this one away.

To be absolutely honest with you I didn't think Italy played that well. I thought England's defence was pretty poor last week, Well i think England are much better in defence then that anyway. I was thinking this would be similar to Scotland vs Argentina but us to not make that much mistakes as we did in that game. So i reakon Scotland by +20.
I think you guys could make enough chances so that you could score a lot of points, but you don't put them away. Morisi is dangerous if given space, Allan makes them look better as well.

You're pretty confident seeing how terrible your team is.

Have to agree, I mean you didn't even beat Wales... WALES!

- - - Updated - - -

In other news Castrogiovanni is out because a friend's dog bit him and the wound required stitches.

Have to agree, I mean you didn't even beat Wales... WALES!

- - - Updated - - -

In other news Castrogiovanni is out because a friend's dog bit him and the wound required stitches.

And Wales tried really hard to hand it to Scotland.

My prediction: 0-0, both teams arrested by the UN for crimes against humanity.

I disagree, I think the referee was doing everything in his power to make sure Wales won

I disagree, I think the referee was doing everything in his power to make sure Wales won

Guys, I have a request that after this match no matter what happen's. Could we please not turn it into a brawl like last time. If there is a big incident in the game which need's to be discussed then please can you make your own thread and post the topic there. I'm only posting it here because us Scot's were the one's really that started it and continued it on (Including myself) but the Welsh weren't as bad or anyone else but could do the same. Thank guys. After all were here to discuss not to argue

Also, I like to think of us and Italy as endearingly incompetent.

Spot on.

I think you guys could make enough chances so that you could score a lot of points, but you don't put them away. Morisi is dangerous if given space, Allan makes them look better as well.
There are a few Italian who are dangerous in space, players like Campagnaro, Sarto, Masi etc. But if our defence have a big impact like the other games, then its all good for us i'd reckon.

Maybe, Bennett and Dunbar are both really good together, but all you need is a lapse in defence and the Italians are very hard to stop on the front foot. As I say I think you guys will win but the Italians will score points with Allan on the pitch, if Hamona plays 10 than you should be fine.

Ah I just love that Irish patter.......you'll get me singing Sweet Chariots ahead of Saturday if you keep on like that !

Latest posts