• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 4: Italy v France (11/02/2017)

I thought Italy could hold the France of previous weeks to a loss of less than 20 points, but with the uncreative Spedding benched, and factoring in that Noves is apparently fighting for his job (and the players seem to work hard for him) I think I'll plump for:

France by 26

This fixture is surely about who gets the wooden spoon though, isn't it? We should have a second division. A 5 nations championship,one up one down. France vs Italy would have a lot more significance if one of them was going to be playing in Georgia, Ukraine, Russia Romania etc. next year.

Borderline brilliant by Italian standards in the first 15mins. Should have had two tries. Outrageous behind the back pass from Parisse for the highlight reel. A loss still seems likely but another game with real positives so far.

Last edited:
Padovani chases down Vakatawa in open play and saves a try. Fantastic! Great break from Fikou in the build up. Italy clinging on to this match for dear life.

A little weird for Italy that they have three guys on kicking duty: Canna is kicking penalties, McLean kicking penalties to touch and Padovani doing restarts. Haven't seen that before.

30 missed tackles from 64 attempts by Italy. You can't win a match like that.

And number 31 seals the game in very soft style. :(

And to think defensive coach Brendan Ventner is highly sought after. How bad would it be if he returned to SA as reported.

The commentating is irritating.

Repeatedly bringing up the game with England and how France have dealt with it better.

France tiring nearer the end of the game is another one. Did they not watch the France win over Scotland?

The commentating is irritating.

Repeatedly bringing up the game with England and how France have dealt with it better.

France tiring nearer the end of the game is another one. Did they not watch the France win over Scotland?

UK sports coverage repeatedly mentioning England during coverage of games that they aren't even playing in? Surely not! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Try saving tackle from Campagnaro, then off injured. Just what we need before the Scotland game. :(

This fixture is surely about who gets the wooden spoon though, isn't it? We should have a second division. A 5 nations championship,one up one down. France vs Italy would have a lot more significance if one of them was going to be playing in Georgia, Ukraine, Russia Romania etc. next year.

i think you may have to rethink your idea as France are now joint 2nd with Ireland!!!!

Latest posts