• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] France vs Wales (Round 3)

That's right, France did not win this match, Wales lost it ! They've had 2 opportunities to drop goal in the last 10 minutes but didn't take their chance ... We did an awful match that day ...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really lost and don't know anymore what to think of that team ... On the paper, we've got good players, as always ... But when it comes to the pitch, we always do 15 knock on per match, have no attacking intentions, no gameplan ... and finally, we loose ...

Maybe one day witrh a new coach all will change but till then PATIENCE!!!!!!!!!

Maybe one day witrh a new coach all will change but till then PATIENCE!!!!!!!!!

Have faith! we were all expecting a french miracle where we just switch it on and be good again but we've had to do it the hard way instead. The young blood has been blooded, experience gained, and we're slowly getting there... we can beat Wales on Saturday... and then who knows... Maybe the world!!

I think we're on to a winner with heavy weights coming on off the bench. If we can have a good first half then the second half will take care of itself!

Last edited:
Little stat for France, only 8 players from the 23 remain from last year's game against Wales: Dulin, Huget, Bastareaud, Fofana, Talès, Maestri, Chouly, Debaty. Only 4 starters have retained their spot: Dulin, Huget, Fofana and Maestri. That's a fullback, a winger, an inside center and a lock. For half-backs we've gone from Doussain-Plisson to Parra-Lopez, and we've have 7 different forwards coming in. Most notably, only 1 front rower still is there, out of the 6, Debaty.
It's a whole new France coming at Wales.

A whole new France coming at Wales if we were 3 years from a World Cup i would be saying good move PSA, but as the WC is this year i ask where is the WC preparation mon cher PSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My opinion:

Both teams have won one and lost one, beaten the Scots and lost to one of the best teams in the world, Ireland and England. I'd say that with home advantage the French will be the victors, neither have particularly impressed, but I'd say Wales have been the more underwhelming, a non-existent second half against the English and it was a miracle that they scraped past the Scots. The French backs will need to impress, Dulin, Fofana and Huget in particular, and if they hit their stride I think they'll deal with Warrenball and the Welsh physicality, and come away with a 5-9 point victory.

A more detailed analysis at http://fourballsblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/france-vs-wales-preview.html

On the back of a decent team selection, finally, I think I will have to go for a narrow win for the French to see the end of the Welsh chances for this year's championship............at least there will be more skill on show here that at Murrayfield!

Ah the old make the opposition's anthem impossible to sing along to to make them feel mildly ridiculous. A classic.

Oh wait, the French one is bloody muck as well.

I agree and if it stay as intense it will be a cracker!!

Deserved lead for Wales........French need the pill!!

The Welsh tactics are so easy even I can read them.......bash, bash and bash again.

What happened to the flair that they used to show, never mind the French.......already fed up with the talentless Roberts and his Maori sidestep who with the rest of his team bash the ball up the middle looking for penalties.........is that all the pillock Gatland has to offer? What happened to the inside or outside break what happened to looking for space?

Every forward happy with Ben Arous for stopping play and giving them a breather.

Give the kicks to Parra................please!!!

France will be happier with that half than the one dimensional Welsh who have more carries but got nowhere and looked to do nothing!! The French defence has been good and are looking to attack but silly mistakes hold them back. Bastareaud has had his best French game for sometime with a wonderful offload, a turnover and some great tackles!!

Allez Les Bleus............

Latest posts