• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales Squad

Well hes selected the same players time and again which saw the Welsh team against France completely spent in the last 20.

I see what you're saying but we were crying out for some continuity and be honest, how many of us were moaning about that team selection against France? Not many. And we controlled the game for the most part but some poor game management at crucial times (as well as a dodgy ref decision or 2) meant we lost it but I don't think player selection was really the issue.

I thought every one new you're Scottish :oops:

I know right ...

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

Is this the right place for this article on why he's the best 7 in B&I?

Can't read it sadly. He's a great player. I was screaming at him at one point during the France game though. Should've scored but hesitated and then proceeded to get smashed back about 20 bloody meters. No way Tipuric would've done that, his rugby brain is far better. Would've scored that all day. He he.

Can't read it sadly. He's a great player. I was screaming at him at one point during the France game though. Should've scored but hesitated and then proceeded to get smashed back about 20 bloody meters. No way Tipuric would've done that, his rugby brain is far better. Would've scored that all day. He he.
They actually highlight that in the article for balance... after showing him stepping Vakatawa, throwing Atonio off him, and some red zone steals

True. Tipuric would've bounced all 15 defenders at the same time to score. No question

They actually highlight that in the article for balance... after showing him stepping Vakatawa, throwing Atonio off him, and some red zone steals

True. Tipuric would've bounced all 15 defenders at the same time to score. No question

Fair do's. Yeah look, you'll get no argument from me what a good player he is and he should definitely go on tour and I'd probably have him over Curry as well but I just prefer Tipurics skills and ability to read a game and know what to do and when to do it. They're very different players though and I keep going back to balance and blend. You have to get that right.

Hmm a comedian too!

Fair do's. Yeah look, you'll get no argument from me what a good player he is and he should definitely go on tour and I'd probably have him over Curry as well but I just prefer Tipurics skills and ability to read a game and know what to do and when to do it. They're very different players though and I keep going back to balance and blend. You have to get that right.
yep the back row is all about balance.

yep the back row is all about balance.
Agreed. I'd say the whole pack in general is about that. If you're going for 2 more mobile lightweight locks then I can see why someone might want a really physical ball carrying back row with, for example, Navidi and Watson or Underhill and Curry. But I think if you've got 2 massive locks and at least 1 big lump in the back row (so for example a AWJ and a Itoje in the 2nd row and Beirne at 6) then you need a ball playing game reader who can do something a bit different like Tipuric. I'm pretty sure Gats is going to go big all over the park though.

Agreed. I'd say the whole pack in general is about that. If you're going for 2 more mobile lightweight locks then I can see why someone might want a really physical ball carrying back row with, for example, Navidi and Watson or Underhill and Curry. But I think if you've got 2 massive locks and at least 1 big lump in the back row (so for example a AWJ and a Itoje in the 2nd row and Beirne at 6) then you need a ball playing game reader who can do something a bit different like Tipuric. I'm pretty sure Gats is going to go big all over the park though.
I think gats will pick the best players in their positions immaterial of size.

I think gats will pick the best players in their positions immaterial of size.

Well he'll definitely pick who he thinks the best players are to win games against South Africa in his system. Will be fun in the back row especially as there's so many great combinations to choose from. Good headaches to have.

I was actually thinking today, I'm very certain in my mind who I'd start and I think should be starting, and there may be inherent bias in there from players you know better. Like I'd start Henderson as the best Tighthead lock in the tournament for my money, but most wont agree... however, I know once the tour starts, and you're seeing players play week in week out, all manner of squad players, you get a sense of who actually stands out, and I genuinely couldnt care which country is playing. Could be 15 welshmen, but they're the Lions and that makes me excited. There's a reason these tours are so damn special

I was actually thinking today, I'm very certain in my mind who I'd start and I think should be starting, and there may be inherent bias in there from players you know better. Like I'd start Henderson as the best Tighthead lock in the tournament for my money, but most wont agree... however, I know once the tour starts, and you're seeing players play week in week out, all manner of squad players, you get a sense of who actually stands out, and I genuinely couldnt care which country is playing. Could be 15 welshmen, but they're the Lions and that makes me excited. There's a reason these tours are so damn special

I'm a big Henderson fan and as long as Bierne plays as well I'd be more than happy to see Henderson play. In fact Henderson and Ryan in the 2nd row with Bierne at 6 is pretty tasty.

Latest posts