• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 TRC] Argentina v Australia in Mendoza (25/07/2015)

Wow that try was soft.

Put any guy over 6 foot against these puma backs and they are just hopeless.

I'll be very surprised if the Pumas play it this wide at the WC.

Last edited:
Softest try I have ever seen.

Just glad Camacho was off so not to be associated with that!

It's bad enough that our patron saint of Leicester and scrummaging Ayerza was on the pitch.

I have to say though at times the Pumas are pulling some nice little moves and finding space here. Just not that accurate when they do it. This forward pack of theres deserves better honestly.

Thats a yellow totally off the ball and cynical.

What a let off. I was looking forward to that driving maul.

Last edited:
Damn you wallabies. Have given me confidence again before a bledisloe.

Well done Aussies! A fair win. The best team on the field even with Cooper at 12 :p

Well done Aussies! A fair win. The best team on the field even with Cooper at 12 [emoji14]
Scarily enough we played better when we lost him to a yellow card and were a man down.
He has gone back to the old quade, not vc quade of the last 2 years. Which is bad, very bad.

Scarily enough we played better when we lost him to a yellow card and were a man down.
He has gone back to the old quade, not vc quade of the last 2 years. Which is bad, very bad.

I know right - Cooper is a ****ing liability. Terrible in defence and afraid of contact in attack. He runs away from forward support laterally and even backwards. Just useless.

Solid win in the end, but the contest was much closer than the scoreboard suggests

I know right - Cooper is a ****ing liability. Terrible in defence and afraid of contact in attack. He runs away from forward support laterally and even backwards. Just useless.

Solid win in the end, but the contest was much closer than the scoreboard suggests
He has been a liabilty for the reds and us since his last injury. Need to keep him in the squad but not starting till he gets his head to where it was the last 2 years.

Personally think we completely outplayed them. If Bernard could kick it would of been 44 points.

The Wallabies defense was very very tough tonight. I think you have a lot of depth in that position with Gits and Lilo. ;)

Haven't watched the game yet, not sure if I can be bothered either hearing the scoreline. Disappointed with Argentina, thought they were making real progress. Hopefully they can lift it for the Bok. No surprises Quade had a shocker, he's the Aussies Israel Dagg, at what point do the coaches drop them.. it's getting ridiculous.

I will Skelton was very disappointing

How? He gave away a few penalties, but had heaps of really strong carries and put on some really dominant tackles in the back end. Also, he was still there when the scrum improved and began dominating, indicating he's not the problem there.

Massive improvement for mine - not perfect, but much better

Just very average. He is to big, powerful and skillful to be average.
At his best he is the best monstor in the game. We have enough average, need him firing every game.

Better than average - almost always over the advantage line today and really monstered them in defence

He HAS been average in previous games. But fair is fair. He actually had a good game and utilized his big frame to power forward a number of times. Slamming your fist on the table and groaning 'why can't he do that every game' is just a bit unrealistic and fanciful.

He HAS been average in previous games. But fair is fair. He actually had a good game and utilized his big frame to power forward a number of times. Slamming your fist on the table and groaning 'why can't he do that every game' is just a bit unrealistic and fanciful.
Not really.

Wallabies have a stated goal of being number 1. We need our stars to perform every game to get there or else we wont make it out the group stage at the cup let alone win it.
If they are going to talk it (which im all for) they need to show it as well.

I like Skelton, but I don't think he's quite test rugby standard. Horwill would be my first choice every day of the week. With age Skelton should come right.

I like Skelton, but I don't think he's quite test rugby standard. Horwill would be my first choice every day of the week. With age
and a diet Skelton should come right.

Efa. Not fit enough.

I feel like a hell for saying this, but the main rugby lessons I take away from the Argentine RC games are the perils of implementing new teams into competitions. It's gotta be done, but it's a timing issue, and Argentina haven't got it too right.

Latest posts