• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2016 Americas Rugby Championship

Chevalier

Academy Player
Country Flag
Bermuda
Club or Nation
Harlequins
The american version of six nations will be played at the same weekends and follow the same competition style of the European six nations. At first it was said about a promotion/relegation system which I really hope it will happen.
http://usarugby.org/mens-eagles-new...ionship-schedule-released-us-venues-announced

Argentina won´t send their main team, the others will.
My prediction is that Argentina will lead this competition from the very beginning, Canada will come second followed closely by the USA, Los Teros will probably be at the fourth place, the chileans will get the fifth place and Brazil will be thrashed throughout the whole competition.

Awesome news, professional rugby finally recognised in the states. This is a sleeping giant ready to be awakened, Im a 49ers fan and would love to see the owner jed york buy into a rugby team for this new comp. that would make my love of both codes complete but that isnt the case just yet or not in any forward future talks anyway cant wait for the start !

Excellent news for all the Americas!!

Hope that the supporters roll out in force and that what tv coverage there is will gradually climb the ratings!

ARC 2016 Round 1 match highlights

USA vs Argentina

Canada vs Uruguay

Chile vs Brazil

Last edited by a moderator:
argie, I really appreciate your links, but would it be ok to not include the scores in your text? I'd like to watch the replays and see how the games turn out.

Looks like it has had a good start, slightly bigger crowds than I was expecting and it appears that the USA game was a great spectacle.

I also love Argentina's progressive view. They don't need to play this tournament but I believe they are one of the main driving forces behind it.

ARC 2016 - Round 1 full match video

USA vs Argentina

- - - Updated - - -

Attendance Round 1

- USA vs Argentina
BBVA Compass Stadium (Houston, USA): 10.241

- Chile vs Brazil
Centro de Alto Rendimiento de Rugby (CARR), La Reina (Santiago, Chile): 1.500

- Canada vs Uruguay
Westhills Stadium (Langford, Canada): 1.123

brazil looking pretty solid against Uruguay

Yes, the Tupis shows a rugby growing against an ever dificult rival. Los Teros will need a year or two to learn well their system of play.

Argentina XV looks fine against Los Condores. Without trouble.

Lets see now the Eagles and the Canucks match.

Attendance Round 2

- Argentina v Chile
Estadio del Bicentenario (San Juan, Argentina): 10.000

- USA v Canada
Dell Diamond - Round Rock (Austin, USA): 7.145

- Brazil v Uruguay
Arena Barueri (Sao Paulo, Brazil): 3.500

Last edited:
ARC 2016 - Round 2 match highlights

Brazil v Uruguay

USA v Canada

ARC 2016 - Round 2 full match videos

Brazil v Uruguay

USA v Canada

Argentina v Chile

chile´s scrum was awsome. they looked really good and won more than arg. 14:30 chile`s loosehead destroys arg prop. they run out of gas in the second half. but did a very good game overall
hope they keep improving congrats!

Last edited:
ARC 2016 - Round 3 full matches videos

USA vs Chile

Uruguay vs Argentina

ARC 2016 - Round 3 match higlights

Canada vs Brazil

Latest posts