Lockhart Stadium (Fort Lauderdale, USA): 5.101

- Uruguay vs Argentina
Estadio Burgueño, Campus de Maldonado (Punta del Este, Uruguay): 5.000

- Canada vs Brazil
Westhill Stadium (Langford, Canada): 1.855

Last edited:
First half ended
Chile 14 - Uruguay 10

Chile: Matias Nordenflycht (3 penalties, try).
Uruguay: Federico Favaro (try)
Martin Secco (conv., penalty)

70 min. 2nd half
Chile 20 - Uruguay 23

(U): Rodrigo Silva (try)
Martin Secco (conv., 2 penalties)
(Ch): Matias Nordenflyicht (2 penalties)

- - - Updated - - -

Final score
Chile 20 - Uruguay 23

Last edited:
Brazil 18 - USA 3
31 min 1st Half

Tries: Daniel Sancery (Br), Lucas Duque (Br)
Conv.: 1 Moises Duque (Br)
Penalties: 2 Moises Duque (Br), 1 James Bird (USA)

Half time 18-8 Brazil

Try Joe Taufete'e (USA)

Awesome end!!!!.
Brazil wins historic match 24-23!!!!!!!!.

Last edited:
Only just the result, at first I thought I'd gone nutty...

Huge result for them, even with a weakened US team.

hi argie do yoyou have a link to watch argxv vs canada online? thanks in advice

Great win for Brazil! I expected them to lose every match in this competition by a large margin. However, they did not win against the real USA team, it was obviously their 2nd or 3rd string squad (still a huge result for Brazil).

It sucks that whenever the Tier 1 nations use their A team, it's named "Argentina XV", "Ireland Wolfhounds", "Emerging Italy", etc. Their ranking points are never at stake. When they lose, like for example Argentina XV was beaten 23-0 by Romania in June 2015, nobody cares or considers it relevant.

However, when Tier 2 nations use their A team, they are forced to label it as their full strength side and the results count for ranking purposes. Romania did it for the Nations Cup, Georgia for the Tbilisi Cup, USA and Canada for for American 6N and so on.

So basically, when Argentina A gets trashed 23-0 by Romania, nobody cares or credits the result. When USA A loses by one point to Brazil, it's considered a major SHOCK, the result makes the global headlines and the USA sinks in the world rankings. The usual disgusting double standards of rugby.

Great win for Brazil! I expected them to lose every match in this competition by a large margin. However, they did not win against the real USA team, it was obviously their 2nd or 3rd string squad (still a huge result for Brazil).

It sucks that whenever the Tier 1 nations use their A team, it's named "Argentina XV", "Ireland Wolfhounds", "Emerging Italy", etc. Their ranking points are never at stake. When they lose, like for example Argentina XV was beaten 23-0 by Romania in June 2015, nobody cares or considers it relevant.

However, when Tier 2 nations use their A team, they are forced to label it as their full strength side and the results count for ranking purposes. Romania did it for the Nations Cup, Georgia for the Tbilisi Cup, USA and Canada for for American 6N and so on.

So basically, when Argentina A gets trashed 23-0 by Romania, nobody cares or credits the result. When USA A loses by one point to Brazil, it's considered a major SHOCK, the result makes the global headlines and the USA sinks in the world rankings. The usual disgusting double standards of rugby.

Not really a valid complaint to be honest. It may not have been the best USA possible, but it was their best team available. Argentina 'A' is never their best team available, and more often than not they would actually harm tier 3 nations rankings. Also consider that if Argentina's rankings were on the line (which they would have to be to improve other teams rankings) - they may well either elect to pull out of the competition, or include more of their top players.

So no, it's not a double standard at all.

So no, it's not a double standard at all.

Of course it is.

I'm not saying that Argentina should be forced to label their A side as their full test one. My point is that Tier 2 nations should also be able to use official A teams whenever they send an understrength team to a competition like this, for whatever reason. This match should have been considered Brazil vs USA A, with no ranking loss.

Also, I doubt it was the best USA team available. Surely they could have called at least a few of their overseas professional players. They chose not to do it because Brazil was probably considered a weak opponent and they thought they could win with their A team anyway.

Last edited:

Latest posts