• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2016 Fantasy Rugby Draft

TRF_stormer2010

TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Lets try to keep the different Fantasy Super Rugby threads seperate shal we? It just makes things easier to track once the actual action gets underway and you don't have to read up on other leagues/tournaments one is not involved in.

For this thread and the fantasy tournament I'll personally be involved in; Fantasy Rugby Draft

http://www.fantasyrugbydraft.com/drafting101#9

So, who is interested? I can get Shaggy and Darwin involved again I'm sure even if they aren't active they do love their Fantasy Rugby Competitions and are always active and competitive. @SomeOke, @TRF_heineken, @TRF Mr Fish etc, you boys interested again? Who else? Its limited to 10 per league but feel free to open your own by all means! We certainly need some Aussie, Arg and a NH pundit or two! C'mon.

Shaggy has actually already set up the pool again, I think. You would have received an email about it, it probably went to your spam folder (mine did).

Shaggy has actually already set up the pool again, I think. You would have received an email about it, it probably went to your spam folder (mine did).

Ah, thanks for that. I see we're close to full numbers already. I think someone should setup a 2nd TRF league and post the details here if they can't fill it amongst friends. I can't think I'd be able to accommodate being active in another league.

I'm only going to play Superbru this year. Last year I couldn't get the time to frequently change my squads for the Fantasy Draft teams. So count me out this year.

Any league to join?

You can always set it up and call it TRF 2

I would but I am already in a league and won't have time to be active in another league and its just more fun if everyone is actually participating.

Got the invite, will be there kicking some Shaggy & Darwin asses (me hopes)

20/02/2016 07:30:00 utc

- - - Updated - - -

Saturday 20 Feb 07h30 GMT

Hi all, sorry for the late appearance ... just to clarify, I tried to reunite last years group by initially seeing if there was a function to invite (a reunite previous pool button), there wasn't, I didn't keep the email addresses of last year's group, so the good folks at Fantasy Rugby Draft sent them on my behalf. Well we have at least two spots left available this year, and i've sent PM's to all above who said they'd like to play.

The draft time and date is as stated by Gena above, and I'm keen to fill the remaining places, as the draft time is getting pretty close now. Unfortunately, it looks as if I have to send invites out to your email, for you to join, so PM me your email asap, if you are interested.

This game is a lot of fun, but it's more fun/competitive if the participants, are actively working their squads, by ensuring that they have players in their run on sides, that are actually playing that week etc, so while I'm very keen to fill the remaining spots in the league, if you can't commit to actively playing, week in week out, then it might be better not to join.

The remaining spots will be filled on a first in first served basis.

Many thanks

Shaggy

I'm in.
Been loving fantasy american football since I was 11, really glad that there is a draftable rugby fantasy league.

I've been playing a couple of different fantasy games for years now and this is my favorite simply for the draft function since end of season everyone's teams look quite similar in other fantasy comps.

As for a breakdown of how the game works it'd be quite lengthy and the website itself covers it as well as I could in its "How to play" tab;

http://www.fantasyrugbydraft.com/howtoplay

Only one spot left in the league that I set up, so first in first served ... nothing to stop any one else setting up another league though.

I highly recommend you take Stormer's advice if you haven't played before, and familiarise yourself with the rules ... other useful stuff from the site are the how too clips, like this one that covers how to join and how to draft https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZXAYQepBXM ... I can't recommend this one enough, as a lot get put off by not knowing/being familiar come draft time.

Also, if you miss the draft, your side is auto picked in your absence, so you ARE still playing, and you will still have a reasonable side ... you should still try to make the draft, as it's a lot of fun though.

Edit:- Okay, all the spots are now full in the league that I set up, but why not set up another one if you still want to play.

Last edited:
Thanks, huge fun like always but then you see all your carefully selected players goes to others :)

Latest posts