• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2016 Olympic Games, Rio

Everything LN did was pure gold.

Starting to get more hyped now. Looking forward to the swimming quite a lot. Not sure why, I've no real interest in the sport. Probably just because I always end up binge watching it every time the Olympics is on it gets my pumped for the thing as a whole.
Also didn't realise that the time difference is quite kind to us - events starting at about 11.30/midday.

Also the Olympics mobile app is pure trash. Luckily Google have picked up the slack and have a really good schedule/results table built into Google if you search for rio 2016

Last edited:
Everyone needs to try and watch the weightlifting... it's genuinely a great spectator sport when the lifters are close to one another.

It's only 4 hours difference which is why it baffling the main medel events in Swimming and Athletics are going to be 2/3am....

- - - Updated - - -

Have to say so far I prefer effect our opening ceremony way more exciting. I did see a full rehearsal of that in the stadium 2 days before though so again extremely biased. But this just hasn't grabbed me.

Rats is a closet Cross Fitter!

Opening ceremony not going too well regards commentary. BBC presenters more interested in the sound of their own voices, with sound of actual ceremony turned down.

Events I actually want to watch:
Men's rugby
Tennis
Men's handball
Men's 100m sprint

Everything else is meh

TBF to Rio it has like a 10th of our budget for the opening ceremony.
Well yeah it's a bit tight but I still want to entertained.

Plus we cost half of Beijing. It's how you use the budget.

Oh pretty woman....

Time to sleep this next part needs the ability to fast forward.

Greece......tedium.....GB......tedium......Brazil!

The speeches...

Last edited by a moderator:
Lord Bald having clearly watched about 30 seconds of 7s over the last 10 years... keeps commenting on how "officious" the refs are.

They're always like that, and it's better for it.

finding it funny the americans on Twitter seem to think fiji where bad at rugby.

Mind a number of them are surpised that people from Fiji are black LOL. (You can't make this up)

Latest posts