• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2016 Olympic Games, Rio

I wish the muppet NZ posters were about and not nickdnz this would be a lot more fun.

Good tackle!

- - - Updated - - -

Dang it wasn't watching it for being high!

I wish the mu poet NZ posters were about and not nickdnz this would be a lot more fun.

Good tackle!

- - - Updated - - -

Danger wasn't watching it for being high!

yeah wtf @TRF_nickdnz why are you self-aware lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought it was tough on Argentina, think it is tough on Kenya. Not a yellow IMO. That kills the contest.

Well, not exactly a convincing performance but very happy we are still in for a chance.

It's noticeable, that the Kenyans are absolutely savage about their teams on twitter... properly laying into them "better off staying at home" etc.

It's not just one or two - it seems like the majority.

:( I mean they were playing against the top rugby playing nation in the world. They can easially build a scratch team to compete. I mean they were hardly humiliated.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone known enough about a hockey that we've gone 1-0 down to Brazil and how bad that is?

Yeh BB was wearing an Ebner 12 jersey for practice today and the team are on a training break to watch this game together,

rugby has changed a lot since 1998 though, back then the game was a baby in professional sports terms and 7s was not the commercialized and specialized product it is now.

back then it was just a place to throw youngsters to get experience and now you have squads full of guys who just play sevens year round

also the world cup was just last year so i doubt any country that had a chance at winning there would risk helping their sevens side by getting a head start on moving 15s players over to 7s

I don't buy into this. How many USA athletes took up full time 7s within the last two years - from vastly different sports than they had been participating? The reality is that even our 7s players all play XVs, in the NPC. It's just players tend to opt to play Super Rugby instead of going to the 7s. Our 1998 Kuala Lumpa side would absolutely decimate our current team without a doubt in my mind. The guys in our 7s setup for the majority simply aren't Super Rugby level players.

It also isn't as if most of the Super Rugby outside backs haven't competed in 7s, most have at some level, but the NZRU presents playing Super Rugby as the only legitimate path for player development and gaining higher honors.

And yes I can appreciate that there is a limited time for guys like Julian Savea and Barrett to be involved (although I think they would have been much better and quicker to adapt than SBW - seeing as they have both played 7s at high levels before) - but there is no reason that guys who aren't in the ABs frame but are extremely talented wingers shouldn't have been pushed.

the reason we had to get guys from other sports is cause our 7s program was pretty weak and even now i don't think we should be something to aim for

- - - Updated - - -

also carlin isles is awful

just found out pinkleman and me are crohnie brothers <3

Something I really dislike about the USA team. Just seem unduly arrogant.
Usa usa usa chants don't help.

The chanting is something I take a dislike to. Mainly due to Vancover and trying psyche out curlers with it despite being a sport where silence is supposed to be the norm.

But yeah its annoying as hell.

Latest posts