• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2016 Olympic Games, Rio

I also think he invested a lot emotionally in that Fiji side... don't know whether he'd want to coach against them.

I'd be interested in seeing him join Eddie as an attack coach - he's still looking for one isn't he?

I also think he invested a lot emotionally in that Fiji side... don't know whether he'd want to coach against them.

I'd be interested in seeing him join Eddie as an attack coach - he's still looking for one isn't he?

Yeh think so don't think Hepher won himself the job.

Ryan is a strong minded guy though, it's difficult to see what he'll be doing.

I could coach that Fiji team to win Olympic gold.

The Japanese coach should be the one getting the big contract after these games

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Fiji. Shame the final was so one sided.

Looks like our bid for global domination on 2 wheels is safely on track. Some great stuff in the velodrome.

Personally, I'm delighted to lose to Fiji - just so much better than everyone else, utterly majestic - much like Biles in the gymnastics; just clearly a class apart from everyone else; even an ignoramus can watch that and know they're in the presence of greatness.

I caught the match on BBC1, where they cut away almost the moment the final whistle went, to show us footage we'd already seen a dozen time; just catching the ceremony now - wow, that singing huddle - tearing up at work here.
Really hoping they get to do the Cibi

ETA: they're getting the medals now - I'm gone; can't pretend this is allergies - looks like Anne's crying too.

Last edited:
I can live without the Swimming but Rowing coxless four today.

is the Sun Yueng V Horton 1500m race tonight?
Sunday morning 02:11

Just read Jo Pavey is competing today at the age of 42 0_0 It'll be a shock if she medals but Christ to still be that competitive at the sport at that age that's pretty awesome.

Just read Jo Pavey is competing today at the age of 42 0_0 It'll be a shock if she medals but Christ to still be that competitive at the sport at that age that's pretty awesome.

It's the heats today?

Damn that makes me feel lazy.

Need to decide what i should go for olympics wise in 2020.

Pavey's brilliant, but she won't be anywhere near the podium.

JEH and KJT will shortly be going into battle. Just hope BTE doesn't spoil the party.

Well done Fiji so glad ye won gold for your country in the rugby 7's. and its your first ever gold in any discipline!
Hard luck Britain.

point of order - first medal of any colour, in any discipline

Latest posts