• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] Argentina v South Africa (27/08/2016)

Little tidbit, did you know Lichtenstein is the only country in the world to have never won a medal at the summer olympics?

Is South Sudan a country? or, East Timor? Samoa?

I suppose you mean "never been part of any country that won a medal". Still doesn't seem right.

Tonga: Nope, they got a medal once.
Vatican City: holy crap, even they got a medal once
Malta: had their own Olympic team within the empire from 1928-1964, but 1896-1924 they competed with a country that has won medals.

Plausible. But not quite true - There's Bhutan and Andorra.

Alternatively, you mean Liechtenstein is the only country that was won medals at the *winter* Olympics, but not the summer Olympics. Well, I can't make a lie of that one.

800px-Summer_Olympic_Games_Medal_Nations1.png

My own tidbit: 100% of the summer Olympic gold medals won by countries in Oceania, are for rugby. (at least if you consider Oceania separate from Australasia)

Last edited:
Is South Sudan a country? or, East Timor? Samoa?

I suppose you mean "never been part of any country that won a medal". Still doesn't seem right.

Tonga: Nope, they got a medal once.
Vatican City: holy crap, even they got a medal once
Malta: had their own Olympic team within the empire from 1928-1964, but 1896-1924 they competed with a country that has won medals.

Plausible. But not quite true - There's Bhutan and Andorra.

Alternatively, you mean Liechtenstein is the only country that was won medals at the *winter* Olympics, but not the summer Olympics. Well, I can't make a lie of that one.

800px-Summer_Olympic_Games_Medal_Nations1.png

east timor has a bronze medal but otherwise you are correct

i feel that this is anecdote from awhile ago

Okay, that's enough now. This thread is spiraling out of control.

It was all good up to 2 pages back, but now I think we should either get back on topic or close the thread.

Come on gentlemen - this is all just banter. And as much as Suisse is being a ***nut (whatever) - humble or not - he is talking about what he is seeing (like all of us).

If relatively in form was ever a factor to play a part in rugby permutations (like cricket - DL method) then the Kiwi's would by far dominate in debate without even having to contest. The AB's are dominating international rugby so hard that World Rugby's ranking system is becoming a little inadequate at justifying or measuring just how good the feet of this team really is.

I couldn't care less of his arrogance, I can only be concerned at the showings of my own team. I wouldn't have felt half as bad if we hadn't played as poor as we did and we have playing this bad since the 1st game. To top it all off - the reaction from certain players in the camp is like that of a frustrated child who is shouting out that this is the best they can do!

AC says "we didn't take our chances.." what chances??? Argentina didn't take theirs !!! I am seriously doubting his ability to even maintain the Boks to be a top 3 team as the performances have never improved since the 1st match. Under HM if we lost you bet the Boks would hit back with a victory, but not under this guy.

Come on gentlemen - this is all just banter. And as much as Suisse is being a ***nut (whatever) - humble or not - he is talking about what he is seeing (like all of us).

If relatively in form was ever a factor to play a part in rugby permutations (like cricket - DL method) then the Kiwi's would by far dominate in debate without even having to contest. The AB's are dominating international rugby so hard that World Rugby's ranking system is becoming a little inadequate at justifying or measuring just how good the feet of this team really is.

I couldn't care less of his arrogance, I can only be concerned at the showings of my own team. I wouldn't have felt half as bad if we hadn't played as poor as we did and we have playing this bad since the 1st game. To top it all off - the reaction from certain players in the camp is like that of a frustrated child who is shouting out that this is the best they can do!

AC says "we didn't take our chances.." what chances??? Argentina didn't take theirs !!! I am seriously doubting his ability to even maintain the Boks to be a top 3 team as the performances have never improved since the 1st match. Under HM if we lost you bet the Boks would hit back with a victory, but not under this guy.

He is a recurring pest who has been banned several times, we have no escalated the matter into banning the IP address from where he's posting from.

Don't take anything serious what he said.

And in any case, this is the Argentina vs. South Africa match thread. Stick to the topic at hand, or post somewhere else.

But Hein, the topic at hand is something that still haunts me. Can't we rather discuss Olivia Wilde's funbags?

But Hein, the topic at hand is something that still haunts me. Can't we rather discuss Olivia Wilde's funbags?

We can discuss all the topics at hand, even Olivia Wilde's funbags (or lack thereof). But in another thread.

South Africa have been flirting with defeat to Argentina in Argentina for some time now. I guess it's good to get that monkey off the back :D

It looks like Strauss is going to retire at the end of the year from international rugby.

Good News:
- WW as Captain could be a nice change of pace.
- He hasn't exactly been in the best form lately.
- Could see Marx replace him?

Bad News:
- We could see Mbonambi replace him (who I rate, but his throwing is FAR from being international standard. It's barely SR standard).
- We haven't actually groomed a replacement at all, Strauss has basically been playing 80 minutes this year.

South Africa have been flirting with defeat to Argentina in Argentina for some time now. I guess it's good to get that monkey off the back :D

Everybody has been flirting with losing in Argentina, they are beginning to get a real belief in front of their home crowd, coupled with their increasing abilities in all facets of the game they are a real worry for anyone when they are at home.
The Wallabies and the AB's have been playing with fire over there.

I watched the match again today and I though South Africa did a lot of things right but some small mistakes and incorrect decisions at the crucial time was all there was in it.
Rectify those issues and there will be more victories on the cards and soon.
Next game against the Wallabies at home is the game of the round.

Everybody has been flirting with losing in Argentina, they are beginning to get a real belief in front of their home crowd, coupled with their increasing abilities in all facets of the game they are a real worry for anyone when they are at home.
The Wallabies and the AB's have been playing with fire over there.

I watched the match again today and I though South Africa did a lot of things right but some small mistakes and incorrect decisions at the crucial time was all there was in it.
Rectify those issues and there will be more victories on the cards and soon.
Next game against the Wallabies at home is the game of the round.

don't think there's a great difference when playng away. we first beat sa in Durban. if u see the scores there's no big differences home or away. sometimes I thought we do better away. there's some pressure at home. they look kind of free while playing away

don't think there's a great difference when playng away. we first beat sa in Durban. if u see the scores there's no big differences home or away. sometimes I thought we do better away. there's some pressure at home. they look kind of free while playing away

I watched most of the two games and thought SAF lucky to win the first. If anything, the better rugby, stuff that is easier on the eye at least, was coming from the Pumas. Couple of top games after the yawners between NZ & OZ, which were simply too one sided.

Argentina pleasantly surprising, I have to say. Hopefully, some of their lads can stay injury free for the NZ series. Hats off to them.

The team selection from AC was a bold move. This is what we want to see!

Latest posts