• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Super Rugby] Stormers vs. Chiefs (QF) 23/07/2016

When are our teams gonna learn to kick clever or move the ball and not feed the opposition danger men with space in front of them?

We're not getting any favors here. That ball was played on the ground after the counterruck.

- - - Updated - - -

Pitiful.

Ugh. Disaster for the Stormers. Chiefs probably too young for this season but crazy to see 20 & 21 year olds play with such professionalism.

Peyper is possibly the only hometown ref that'll be more pedantic against his countrymen than the visiting team.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't see us make up a 20 point margin. Chiefs only need to continue spoiling the ruck.

- - - Updated - - -

PSdT picking the wrong game to have a nightmare. TBF its the first time I've seen him this off it.

- - - Updated - - -

Are the Chiefs gonna put 80 on us?!

- - - Updated - - -

We're gonna lose this and we are playig into the Chief's hands the way we are approaching this game but if I am being honest I don't mind it if we can continue to strive to play more rugby. It took the Lions 3 years to get it down. I suppose I'm gonna have to be patient. With the likes of Kolbe and Senatla coming back in we should back ourselves even if the accuracy isn't there yet.

Some heart shown from the Stormers but impossible to see a miracle comeback. Chiefs lethal and arguably right up there with Highlanders and Hurricanes.

Some heart shown from the Stormers but impossible to see a miracle comeback. Chiefs lethal and arguably right up there with Highlanders and Hurricanes.

The more incredible thing is the are without all of SBW, Ngatai, Tamanivula and Horrell in the midfield. Just awesome the depth and the way the players seem to just slot in for the Chiefs without missing a step.

- - - Updated - - -

Certainly the 4 most deserving teams in the Semis.

The more incredible thing is the are without all of SBW, Ngatai, Tamanivula and Horrell in the midfield. Just awesome the depth and the way the players seem to just slot in for the Chiefs without missing a step.

- - - Updated - - -

Without Donald too now... Hopefully Tamanivalu is back for the semi (providing the Chiefs don't self-destruct).

- - - Updated - - -

Dave Rennie is the man!

Winning a scrum against the head now too. McKenzie's "here's Johnny!" smile when taking penalties is starting to creep me out.

Criminal overrunning the ball like that from Zs. That's the first thing a wing needs to learn NOT to do.

And the Lions have to play against the Chiefs??

Well, ATM is the same to play against Chiefs, Canes or Landers

Man, our kicking is poor.

- - - Updated - - -

And the Lions have to play against the Chiefs??

Well, ATM is the same to play against Chiefs, Canes or Landers

Hurricanes will host the Chiefs and Lions will host the Highlanders.

Man, our kicking is poor.

- - - Updated - - -

Hurricanes will host the Chiefs and Lions will host the Highlanders.

Well, choice between Chiefs, Canes and Landers is like to choice between a shark, a cocodrile and a tiger.

I'm going to send you my address so you can send me my Stormers jersey :)

Very difficult to see the Chiefs or the Highlanders winning this competition at this point - the travel in the last four weeks will be almost impossible to overcome.

Well, choice between Chiefs, Canes and Landers is like to choice between a shark, a cocodrile and a tiger.

I'm going to send you my address so you can send me my Stormers jersey :)

We're a long ways away from the ***le but I'm considering sending you mine ;P

- - - Updated - - -

Beauty, Carr. Great! Peyper cottoning on to the Chiefs spoiling our rucks and only three tries now to win it!

- - - Updated - - -

How stupid are our teams? Any pro team worth their salt would've sacked that maul before it got started. 3 < 7.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, am I glad I didn't rib the Sharks...

Do believe the lions face the Chiefs. So, assuming the Chiefs hang around SA for a week, you have to fancy them stuffing the lions. Well, I do.

no - the lions get to play highlanders is correct. The wrongly announced the winner of last game in the lions cru match.

the only thing saving oz and sa teams is the conference system, and forcing NZ teams to travel to play weaker sides.....

Last edited:
Stormers might have had an easier schedule than the other playoff teams but I'd rank them above the Sharks and below the Blues from what I've seen. Pitiful capitulation from the Stormers at the end letting down what had at least been a tough performance for 75mins.

Chiefs are so young that it might help their ability to recover from the travel, but yeah, the top two seeds will be favourites. I think Chiefs have more chance than the Highlanders of getting the away win. Should be two crackers though.

Latest posts