• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

More than likely,
I doubt we're hitting the salary cap tbh, but they'll register him and (probably) Strauss just in case

Not knowing your backline too well, where's he likely to be played?
Surely not 15 when you've got Haley and wing seems a waste. 10?

Genuinely not sure,
As you said I think 10 is most likely and I wouldn't be surprised to see him slot straight in there as first choice, but dimes is definitely a fan of AJ.
Very real possibility of AJ and JOC alternating at 10/12.
But then where does that leave Sam James? And Jennings?
Also a bit of a log jam in the back 3 with Charnley, Solomona, McGuigan (who played really well at the tail end of the season), Odogwu, Edwards and occasionally Addison all vying for two spots.

Is it possible that he's gonna be used more as a super sub? I don't watch much Top 14 but I haven't heard much of JOC recently, is he good enough to be a certain starter?

I think it's Cyle not 'Cycle' ; )

I think it's Cyle not 'Cycle' ; )

To be honest when i think of SA forwards i tend to think of cycling....... Joke joke joke SA posters.

I'm interested to see what MOC is planning.

Is he really intending to get a like for like with McCaffrey or are we going to have JPP, Betham and McCaffrey's cap going into a big name signing and a useful back up?

Longbottom, Sale----->Saracens

Wasn't impressed with him when I saw him, but he's been injured a lot so most of the time he's been returning from a layoff. Feels a bit crappy of him to walk out on his contract (I know we've let him go but usually when a player wants to leave a club let's them), especially as we've spent so long rehabbing him (Even during the off season he was in Carrington with the physio and s&c staff making sure he was ready for the pre-season....Sarries pre-season)

Will Griff John looked like a prospect when I saw him playing for Doncaster last season. I reckon he'll be a real asset. Probably more so than Longbottom.

Sale Sharks sign 5 academy players on to 5 year contracts.
Sam Moore, Matt Sturgess, Luke James, Arron Reed and Nic Dolly

Sale trying to single handily start a rugby transfer market?

I could understand the Curries and Nott since, but not sure i understand this.

Sale Sharks sign 5 academy players on to 5 year contracts.
Sam Moore, Matt Sturgess, Luke James, Arron Reed and Nic Dolly

Sale trying to single handily start a rugby transfer market?

I could understand the Curries and Nott since, but not sure i understand this.
To be fair given events of last few years and guys they've lost after developing them I kind of think it's a good move.

To be fair given events of last few years and guys they've lost after developing them I kind of think it's a good move.

Don't doubt it.
Might as well either make teams wait or pay for an early release.
Although these players are only 18 (I think) so would be prime picking for Wasps when the contracts end.

Trouble is now the U18 contracts will inflate even.
Tigers lost Jacob Umaga to Wasps because they where willing to offer alot more to him than tigers where willing. (That being said watching him play in the JRWC didn't make me miss him).

It seems to be the way its going. Agents are getting heavily involved at teenage level and this particularly smacks of 'give my clients large contracts and signing-on fee's else ill offer them out to Wasps or Bath' while also lining the agents pocket both now and again in the future with renewals/transfers.

It also just happens to give Sale publicity...