• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] Round 11: Jaguares vs. Sunwolves (06/05/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Super%20Rugby.png

K9WX3W0.png
Versus%20Super.png
OrULMIN.png

Venue: Estadio Jose Amalfitani
Time: 23:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

The re-match! First time ever the Sunwolves face an opponent they have a winning record against.

Last season the Sunwolves won by 8, after the Jaguares conceded 6 penalties and missed 3 conversions.

Have to say the Jaguares are very strong favourites to make it 1 each, with home advantage, and the Sunwolves coming straight from their NZ tour.

What happens if we don't win this? I couldn't wait to hear the staff's and players' excuses, e.g. "We'll work on improve during the week", "we weren't focused from the start and they took advantage of that", "we will continue growing to learn from our mistakes"...

If we lose here then the HC should resign a soon as the game ends. This cant be a close match we have to win by 25+ at least.

Oddly enough, I'm actually more worried about what happens if we win. They'll try to mask last week's appalling performance with it. I can already imagine the headlines:

"Yoepiii, aupaaaa, gogogo Team! Jaguares win with bonus point against the mighty Sunwolves! More cheerleaders and Jaguardo 2.0 to be displayed next weekend".

Hasn't even happened and it already makes my skin crawl.
**** them. Seriously, fvck them.

I hope the Sunwolves throw a good contest! They're an exciting team to watch for their relentlessness and their courage. Defensewise, they're rather weak, but from the very get go it's rather clear that they want to play like the kiwis

This should be a training session yet I'm sure the boys will find a way to concede a few soft tries. Imagine something like 52-24 scoreline

Assuming the Sunwolves can put out a strong side I think they can compete here. I was quite impressed by their NZ tour. They weren't remotely humiliated and emerged with a losing bonus. Their attacking play should match up well against the Jaguares leaky defence in the 22 and they won't be bullied up front.

No Sanchez, Landajo or de la Fuente should also help keep this close.

Jaguares by 6

I hope Cordero bags a hatrick, I had high hopes for him this season and he's been a bit disappointing..... He's also in my fantasy team and I need the points lol

Last edited:
Not only are we loosing, but our only try came from a fwd pass AND we are getting away with murder with the off sides. I counted 3 already.

Hernandez at his best.

Have the SW won a first half against anyone before?

If Perez doesn't go and the media says the same old **** they always say when we lose to the weekest teams of the competition, Jaguares is a big joke.

Have the SW won a first half against anyone before?

Just browsing through the results on Wiki... Their 2nd match ever, 2016 W3 vs Cheetahs in Singapore, Sunwolves were up 28-13 at half time with 4 tries to 1. (FT 31-32)
Also 2016 W12 vs Stormers - also in Singapore - leading at half time 14-3 with1 try. (FT 17-17)
2017 W5 vs Stormers - again in Singapore - leading at half time 24-20 with 3 tries to 2 (FT 31-44)
2017 W7 vs Bulls in Tokyo, leading at half time 11-10 with 1 try each. (FT 21-20)

Vs the Jaguares last year they were behind at half time - 13-20 with 1 try to 3

UPDATE: This is the most points the Sunwolves have ever scored in a match. Beating their previous record of 36, which was set in the last game vs the Jaguares.

Last edited:
The Sunwolves have really improved their defence (compared to how I remember them. They're still conceding tries but not through simple missed tackles). They're contesting the ball at breakdowns and charging kicks like I *wish* the Blues would.

The Jaguares having no end of trouble simply holding on to the ball.

Last edited:
Graciela. Me olvide de los de cheetahs, pero los stormers pusieron sus segundo equipo entero en ambos casos asi que me corrijo pero digo un poco "meh".

Still, it s as if our appallig first half was not enough. We need to shoot ourselves on the other foot too.

The saddest thing is that a lot of fans still believed we had a shot after our loss against the sharks.

I cancelled my plans tonight, got two off the charts brews (a 2013 rodenbach no less) because i thought to myself: this should be an entertaining open game we will win. Lets enjoy it. Silly me. Silly, stupid, moronic me.

Im so ****** at their perfomance im about to have a mini solon tantrum here.

Latest posts