• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] Round 11: Jaguares vs. Sunwolves (06/05/2017)

Hernandez imploding again. So sad. He reminds menof ortega s final days at river.

Hernandez imploding again. So sad. He reminds menof ortega s final days at river.

This is ridiculous, mind-boggling. They are doing everything wrong, everything. It looks like they don't train at all in the week, they just get together for the matches.

We let a BP go away. We barely won. We played horrible. No point in even trying to explain it.

If we don't qualify and for 2018 we're in NZ group, how likely is it that people will stop following this en masse?
I mean, i wake up at ridiculous times to watch them, but i always thought i was part of a small minority AND people in general are still optimistic. I don't see people waking up at 4 am to watch how the Chiefs lay 60 points on us at Waikato, nor i picture many people going to the stadium to watch Jaguares vs Saders after we lost 4 games on a row and have no chance of qualifying.

Close acquaintance of mine who's reasonably high within URBA, told me chances of Perez staying are high and the idea of hiring an foreign adviser is not even on the cards. I replied saying that Graham Henry did a good job and he said, to my shock, that half of them would have to google who Graham Henry was. No joke.

I am distraught.

If we don't qualify and for 2018 we're in NZ group, how likely is it that people will stop following this en masse?
I mean, i wake up at ridiculous times to watch them, but i always thought i was part of a small minority AND people in general are still optimistic. I don't see people waking up at 4 am to watch how the Chiefs lay 60 points on us at Waikato, nor i picture many people going to the stadium to watch Jaguares vs Saders after we lost 4 games on a row and have no chance of qualifying.

Close acquaintance of mine who's reasonably high within URBA, told me chances of Perez staying are high and the idea of hiring an foreign adviser is not even on the cards. I replied saying that Graham Henry did a good job and he said, to my shock, that half of them would have to google who Graham Henry was. No joke.

I am distraught.

Yes, the Jaguares continue to underperform but the attendances look a little bigger to me than last year, so there is no need for panic just yet, particularly as the plans are for you to be paired with four SA franchises from next year (admittedly all of them will be stronger than this year as there is a fair amount of talent in the Kings and Cheetahs squads that would strengthen the other four).

I have seen only the highlights of this game, but for me only your capitulations to the Bulls and Sharks (at home) have been totally unacceptable performances so far this year. This Sunwolves side is improving each week and becoming dangerous. You were never going to blow them away if they played okay.

I do suspect that the job is Perez's forever unless Contepomi becomes favoured. Failing to qualify for the playoffs two years running with a team filled with internationals should come with consequences, even if I do think the Jagauares general play has improved a little this season.

There are tough years ahead for the Jaguares and Pumas but losing a SR franchise would be disastrous.

But Graham Henry was AB's coach, not a SR coach. He was the Blues' coach like in 1996 or so.
This opens up the debate of which personnel to go for in case of hiring foreign people: which is the most vital position? In the end, to me, is not the coach: coaching is not bad generally, I don't dislike the style or the answers Perez gives to certain problems.

The main issue here was to choose an inexperienced coach for a team full of stars with limited options on key positions: truth be said, Sánchez is a great player that cannot be replaced, so he knows he can do as he pleases and will never have to fear for his position. Hernández is not there, Iglesias hasn't proven himself better, Ezcurra is too young... and there we have awful performances by them. And I should quote some other examples, but we can all guess. I mean, Senatore man, seriously, he does one great thing and screws up big time four other occasions. And the coaching staff have no authority to direct them.

This was horrible. The worst Jaguares performance (until now) in my opinion.
It was reaaly hard to keep watching it up to the end.

Yes, the Jaguares continue to underperform but the attendances look a little bigger to me than last year, so there is no need for panic just yet, particularly as the plans are for you to be paired with four SA franchises from next year (admittedly all of them will be stronger than this year as there is a fair amount of talent in the Kings and Cheetahs squads that would strengthen the other four).

I have seen only the highlights of this game, but for me only your capitulations to the Bulls and Sharks (at home) have been totally unacceptable performances so far this year. This Sunwolves side is improving each week and becoming dangerous. You were never going to blow them away if they played okay.

I do suspect that the job is Perez's forever unless Contepomi becomes favoured. Failing to qualify for the playoffs two years running with a team filled with internationals should come with consequences, even if I do think the Jagauares general play has improved a little this season.

There are tough years ahead for the Jaguares and Pumas but losing a SR franchise would be disastrous.

The attendances look better now that one year ago, because Jaguares actually still has some mathematical chances. But after these 4 matches the attendances will go down fast.
However, I don't expect that non reaching the play offs will dramatically afect next year expectation. The losses against Sharks and Bulls were really disapointing, but still within the options (Losing again with the Sunwolves would be in a completely different level).

Still, Sunwolves played very well! A shame they stopped the domination during the last quarter because I think they still had some fuel in the tank...

But Graham Henry was AB's coach, not a SR coach. He was the Blues' coach like in 1996 or so.
I know. I wasn't asking for UAR to hire GH to assist Jaguares. I am asking them to hire someone who advises them on SR like GH did for Pumas. He pretty much single-handedly changed Pumas's style.

Apples and oranges. The reason attendances look bigger is because our performance vs 2016 is better.
The problem when comparing 2017 vs 2016 is that in 2017 we don't face NZ teams. If you compare metrics (points, tries, etc.) we appear to have improved. Nothing could be further from the truth. We are just as bad, it's just that we've been lucky getting away with it by facing easier opponents.
Mark my words, 2018 will deliver a very rude awakening for many.

You've absolutely improved, don't stress too much, no team has come into this competition and achieved immediate success. The Sunwolves are no joke, there is no shame in having a tough game agaisnt them.
Also remember the current system is scrapped next year so you'll be playing 4 Aussies sides and 4 NZ sides if it works like Super 15 worked.

Yeah I guess an advisor who understands the structural problems we have could do better than just a change of coach or similar. It should be within the management department.

However, Jaguares' games are lost because players make poor choices such as getting carded in the last ten minutes, always passing the ball to the inside... and that is soooo argentinian. I don't know, how do you teach people to behave professionally? 'Cause that's what's going on here, son. I would say that in the whole of SR, there's no other team with such difference in potential and reality: no other team is so disappointing.

What would be a good option to play 10 as Sánchez replacement? What's the name of that kid who killed it at the u-20 world cup last year? We bring this Kremer guy in -what a beast- but we left the Delguy boy out and the fly half as well.

Jags in free fallin. That stupid subconscient tradicion of underrated the "easy" teams that argentines have. I feel sorry for JMH, but he can't play professional rugby anymore.
At least I hope they'll finished the season with a positive record of wins.

SR can make a player better if there's something to make better of that player. Some of them just suck. They would not get paid to play in Europe or any SR franchise. Add bad coaching, in 2 years we gone backwards in our strengths.

Latest posts