• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] Round 13: Hurricanes vs. Cheetahs (20/05/2017)

Another complete domination of a non-NZ side by the Kiwi powerhouse. A pretty complete performance, the records keep falling. Just in another class.

Bit of a scrappy 1st half, but holy **** it was cold so I don't blame them. 2nd half was a demolition job as expected. The centers really impressed me, Ngani is master of breaking the line and Aso is proving to be a very good finisher. They're a dangerous combo.

Bit of a scrappy 1st half, but holy **** it was cold so I don't blame them. 2nd half was a demolition job as expected. The centers really impressed me, Ngani is master of breaking the line and Aso is proving to be a very good finisher. They're a dangerous combo.

Fantasy wise I'm pretty gutted he didn't get over for a try or two of his own, fantastic unselfish player though, All Black written all over him.

Fantasy wise I'm pretty gutted he didn't get over for a try or two of his own, fantastic unselfish player though, All Black written all over him.
Yup and yup! Fantasy points don't really do him justice this week, but man he's good. I hope he's an All Black sooner rather than later.

I kinda doubt that tbh. It's time for Jordie to have a break and Otere deserves a start, so moving Beaudy to FB was a natural move and they probs always planned to do it against the Cheetahs. I doubt the coaches would make selections based on what the ABs coaches want, the comp is too competitive and important to them, I think they just go with what's best for the team.

Thanks for writing that out, I was wondering why the magic man was at full back, cheers.

someone posted on my face book :)
"Hurricanes vs Cheetahs 61-7...
tough night for the cheetahs
oh well could be worse
...you could be the Warriors!!!":p

Is that the most one-sided game in recent Super rugby history?
Nope. I'd say the Canes vs Rebels and Canes vs Sunwolves from the 1st 2 rounds this year were probably just as, if not more one sided.

And then there was a game last year where, if I recall correctly, the Cheetahs put about 80 on the Sunwolves...

Nope. I'd say the Canes vs Rebels and Canes vs Sunwolves from the 1st 2 rounds this year were probably just as, if not more one sided.

And then there was a game last year where, if I recall correctly, the Cheetahs put about 80 on the Sunwolves...

With all due respect to the Sunwolves they are a new franchise and their getting thrashed is perhaps more expected than a seasoned outfit like the Cheetahs?

I don't recall the Rebels game so can't comment.

Yea it was definitely more expected, but that doesn't make it any less one-sided.
IMO the Rebels game was the most one-sided of the lot. At least in the Sunwolves game the Japs finished very strongly. In the Rebels game it was a complete shut-out from start to finish. That's the most one-sided SR match I can recall from recent history.

Yea it was definitely more expected, but that doesn't make it any less one-sided.
IMO the Rebels game was the most one-sided of the lot. At least in the Sunwolves game the Japs finished very strongly. In the Rebels game it was a complete shut-out from start to finish. That's the most one-sided SR match I can recall from recent history.

I've been impressed with the Sunwolves' courage and tenacity in the few games I've seen this year. Contrast that with my disappointment at some the other teams' performances.........

The Sunwolves will be one of the major forces of Super Rugby in a few years. Mark my words!

I've been impressed with them too, but I think it'll be more than a few years before they're a major force.

Nope.

Bulls vs. Reds in 2007 final score: 92 - 3

Last edited:
Yeah haha I'm being overly optimistic

If they join the Aussie conference and ditch Singapore then I think they could contest for the playoffs in a couple of years. I don't know enough about the quality of the Top League youth development to comment further on their future hopes.

Nope.

Bulls vs. Reds in 2007 final score: 92 - 3
I wouldn't consider 10 years ago 'recent history'.
I do remember that match well though.
That probs takes the cake for the most one-sided match in SR history, with the Crusaders vs Waratahs a close 2nd.

Latest posts