[2017 Super Rugby] Round 5: Jaguares vs. Reds

TRF_stormer2010

TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers

Last game of the week.

Also, remember to +1 TRF_Heineken when you see him again as we are dead in the water without him posting those nice match build-up threads every week! I usually just stick and unstick 'em.

JAGUARES: 1-Lucas Noguera Paz, 2- Agustín Creevy (c), 3- Felipe Arregui, 4- Marcos Kremer, 5- Matías Alemanno, 6- Pablo Matera, 7- Tomás Lezana, 8- Leonardo Senatore, 9- Gonzalo Bertranou, 10- Juan Martín Hernández, 11- Ramiro Moyano, 12- Jerónimo de la Fuente, 13- Matías Orlando, 14- Bautista Ezcurra, 15- Joaquín Tuculet.

Suplentes: 16-Roberto Tejerizo, 17-Santiago García Botta, 18- Ramiro Herrera, 19- Guido Petti, 20- Rodrigo Báez, 21- Felipe Ezcurra, 22- Nicolás Sánchez, 23- Emiliano Boffelli.

Sanchez can not play. Solid team overall not great though.

Jags by 8.

Reds: 15 Karmichael Hunt, 14 Izaia Perese, 13 Samu Kerevi, 12 Duncan Paia'aua, 11 Eto Nabuli, 10 Jake McIntyre, 9 James Tuttle, 8 Scott Higginbotham, 7 Adam Korczyk, 6 Leroy Houston, 5 Kane Douglas, 4 Izack Rodda, 3 Sam Talakai, 2 Stephen Moore (c), 1 Markus Vanzati

Suplentes: 16 Andrew Ready, 17 Kirwan Sanday, 18 Taniela Tupou, 19 Lukhan Tui, 20 Hendrik Tui, 21 Nick Frisby, 22 Lachie Maranta, 23 Chris Kuridrani

Win this and I think the Jags could make a WC spot. Looks like they have a bit more continuity this season. I felt last season they rotated too heavily and were unable to get a head of steam going. I'm hoping they make the play-offs this season.

Perez has a new rule (in a country where nobody bothered to respect them) that says: "player who rejoins the team must do it by passing from the bench of substitutes"

Win this and I think the Jags could make a WC spot. Looks like they have a bit more continuity this season. I felt last season they rotated too heavily and were unable to get a head of steam going. I'm hoping they make the play-offs this season.

We may reach the knock-out stage, but I don't think that winning this match would be the key for doing so. Instead I think that how good can we do while traveling will be the deciding factor.
Regarding the players rotation, actually I'm a bit concerned. I didn't see any rotation idea so far, It seems that Perez is only using alternative players when he is forced to. This might be good for Jaguares present performances, but sooner or later some alternatives players will need to step in, and if you don't properly plan when to do it would affect the team performance in the worst moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Perez has a new rule (in a country where nobody bothered to respect them) that says: "player who rejoins the team must do it by passing from the bench of substitutes"

It's actually a great idea IMHO.

I didn't see any rotation idea so far, It seems that Perez is only using alternative players when he is forced to. This might be good for Jaguares present performances, but sooner or later some alternatives players will need to step in, and if you don't properly plan when to do it would affect the team performance in the worst moment.
+1000000

I disagree about the importance of this game thou. We've got tail wind and the schedule is close to perfect for us

Reds (Home)
REST (-------------> This week Lions receive Sharks!)
Sharks (Away)
Bulls (Away)
Lions (Away)

If we win vs Reds, we would have a lot of momentum, hopefully we'd have a few recoveries from injuries, and we've got the key game first (vs Sharks away). Sharks would be coming back from an away game vs Lions, which could potentially bring an injury/yc/rc.

I am reasonably confident against the Bulls and personally i would field a B team against the Lions. We are a very temperamental team, so i think this win (3 on a row) plus a week rest would be a very important boost before our game vs the sharks.

So far so good. Moyano and Escurra should be the main 2 wings always.

Everything is going our way. Everything.
Even the Reds kicking to the posts. Guess no one told them about our defense in our own 22.

Perez no lo puede creer

Sorry, faux pas. Means "Perez cannot believe it"

Last edited:
Sánchez is intentionally boycotting our team or sth? ffs do something well dude

Why always we suffer! ffs we run out of gas always. Tacking been on the spot though.

First ever win against non south african opposition.

We need our bench players to be more dependable, it's always frustrating to watch our last 20/25 min.

Yes, the first half was great, but the second was so defensive. They couldn't have the ball.

Latest posts