• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Super Rugby] Quarter-Finals: 20-21 July 2018

Quick question: Does Sonny Bill Williams play in Super Rugby? Thanks.
He plays for the Blues but he's been injured the majority of the season.

What a blinder of a first game, two great teams on display, one intercept and a few errors being the difference, pity that's the last of the Chiefs, I won't pretend I have a NZ team but I definitely have a soft spot for them. Sharks and Tahs have a lot of pride to play for tomorrow, just to show Saffers and Aus teams can at least be competitive!

Canes were lucky. Next week will be the true test. Bon voyage chiefs y'all done yourselves proud. Little bit of luck made the difference

Well, we're just about there. One feels that the Sharks have run out of time and have no choice to but to swim or be swallowed. It's really dour at the pub at the moment, but we're all here, hoping..

The coverage of rugby on www.espn.com leaves much to be desired. Where do you guys go to read about rugby news and game previews? Thanks.

NZ and South Africa will have the best rugby coverage by the media and will have more content than countries such as Australia,Ireland, England or France for example as Rugby is the number one sport in SA and NZ.

For good rugby coverage and especially good Southern Hemisphere rugby coverage try this
www.sport24.co.za

Supersport will also provide good rugby coverage with analysis and full previews.
www.supersport.com

Sa rugby mag provides mainly opinion pieces but they are not as factual as the others, as I said more opinion.

The NZ posters has to say what sites are the best there as I have hear only bad things about the NZ herald from other posters on this site.

The 9 of the crusaders pushed down the sharks 3 so he could not get up and roll away from ball, then they give the penalty to the Crusaders? if i could see that why couldn't the Ref?

We are not even allowed the joy of a penalty kick. Why post?

Why are the crusaders allowed to grad sharks legs in mauls. It's not just one time, i counted 3 at least, all close to their ingoal and in front of ref?

Why are the crusaders allowed to grad sharks legs in mauls. It's not just one time, i counted 3 at least, all close to their ingoal and in front of ref?
Yea the NZ commentators pointed it out and then i noticed it.

Stadium is emptier than i expected since this is a quarter final and this is NZ s most successful team in their golden era. Their teams are also playing attractive spectator rugby, so if their attendance is so poor now then i dont want to see it when they do less well.

Considering the quick fire tries that the Crusaders scored from identical and consecutive moves then i would say the current 16-7 score is not that bad a position for the Sharks. The Sharks will also play with the wind in the second half so kicking will advantage us more now the same as it advantaged Mounga in the first half.

I still have hope.

If the Crusaders are only one thing then they are efficient.

The Sharks accuracy has been really poor. The Crusaders defence can take some credit for that, but their inability to convert put them out of this as they never looked like threatening the lead. Once the Crusaders are out in front by 3 scores they are then relentless with whoever they play.

Crusaders are the more clinical and better side today. When they need to then they convert their scoring opportunities. The Sharks did well to build up every now and then but when it mattered we screwed up.
Im not taking anything away from the Crusaders they probably deserve victory but i did feel hard done by the ref and his decisions.

Numerous Crusaders fouls was overlooked while he was very very strict on the Sharks. if a questionable call is made every time you are in a good position, controlling play it not only takes the wind out of your sails but gives advantage to the other team, psychologically above all else.

At the end of the day, well done Crusaders, your tactics and play works better, you understand how to play the ref better than us, you have figured out where that magical line is between infringement/discipline and managing to get away with it. Other teams try it and they get pinged, Crusaders try it and it works. If i was a ultra rich businessman i would try and lure the Crusaders coaching staff to Durban with massive contracts.

For the Sharks its another year that started with great hope but one which ultimately ended in another failure. We do have the players, and really dont need to improve in terms of players stocks for next year, would be happy just to keep our current crop and build from there. We cant afford to lose players in the off season.

Until next year!

Latest posts