• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Super Rugby] Round 2: Lions vs. Jaguares (24/02/2018)

The Lions' wingers. Wow. Paceeee

Can anyone tell me something about them because I've not seen them before? They both looked very sharp

For south africans: is this expected?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWzXt-pW4AIROB8?format=jpg&name=large

I mean the season just started, wouldnt you expect a little bit more enthusiasm from the fans?
6N effect or something?
Is it because it's against jaguares?
Looks kinda sad to be honest.

I think most South Africans are disappointed with the low attendances at the stadiums. There is some kind of problem that i don't think we know how to fix because teams such as the Sharks are thinking that if they play a more expansive game then the fans will come flocking in but the Lions are an example that entertaining rugby does not automatically increase attendance. The attendance problem might also include other factors such as the nature of South Africa such as public transport or the vast distances between cities and stadiums.

It has to be said though that South Africa has the largest tv audiences of all the nations competing in Super rugby BY FAR... So there is definitely not a rugby watching decline here in SA, i would rather say we have to find answers on how to deal with the modern phenomena of empty stadiums.

The Lions' wingers. Wow. Paceeee

Can anyone tell me something about them because I've not seen them before? They both looked very sharp
Aphiwe Dyanti was a debutant this year. He is impressing me too with his skills and pace. Might cause Skosan to lose his place. Mahuza the other wing has been around for some time now, also good but never seemed to be rated as the best wing at the Lions as his wing partner got called up to the Springboks but he has not even got a sniff yet.

Just rewatched the highlights. Dyanti Only looks impressive because our back 3 cant tackle.
Watch this. 3v3 and two jaguares tackle themselves. You vant make this up

Last edited:

That video of the two Jaguares players running into each other reminded me of this messi video vs villareal.

Just rewatched the highlights. Dyanti Only looks impressive because our back 3 cant tackle.
Watch this. 3v3 and two jaguares tackle themselves. You vant make this up

The full back is to blame for this, he's turned his back then looks over his shoulder to see the guy running past him!
Jaguares are really not impressing me this year. I only watched 25 minutes of the game yesterday (second half) and that was enough for me. They were the team I was cheering on last season as a neutral but this year Sunwolves have become my team after seeing how frustratingly bad the Jags have become. At least the Sunwolves have some hope and potential about their season and their future.

I just came across this and found this quite funny, or sad. We've already established an instance where two jaguares players "tackle" each other above.

here is another one (min 1:35)

and here there is ALMOST another one. (time: 1:10)

Sometimes i wonder if they could organize a **** up at a brewery.

Latest posts