• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 3 (1 & 2 March 2019)

This ref is shocking.

Edit: Glad the Rebels held on, would have been robbery had the lost IMO.

Genia + Cooper combo look really good somewhat surprisingly, although Cooper does have a tendency to overplay at times. Rebels scrum also looked surprisingly good (they should have gotten like 3 penalties but w.e) and most of their backs were firing.

Josh Ioane looked good for the Highlanders, and banks really impressed when he came on.

Was a bit of a scrappy game in general.

Last edited:
This ref is shocking.

Edit: Glad the Rebels held on, would have been robbery had the lost IM.

Genia + Cooper combo look really good somewhat surprisingly, although Cooper does have a tendency to overplay at times. Rebels scrum also looked surprisingly good (they should have gotten like 3 penalties but w.e) and most of their backs were firing.

Josh Ioane looked good for the Highlanders, and banks really impressed when he came on.

Was a bit of a scrappy game in general.

robbery? Ref was shocking from what we saw at the game, will be watching the replay but the rebels around us were apologising!

robbery? Ref was shocking from what we saw at the game, will be watching the replay but the rebels around us were apologising!
I might be wrong!

Just felt like the Highlanders were getting the rub of the green in scrums/breakdowns/mauls etc.

Again I'm hardly a professional ref and could just be biased.

Super rugby is bombing out on us again, the games are becoming more and more absurd! Sunwolves ahead 23 -3 In NZ against the Chiefs? Is there anyway to accurately judge a teams strength after three rounds? are the NZ teams bad this season?

A bumbling, fumbling performance by the Chiefs so far.

Two words fellas.... SOFT HANDS

The Sharks players said after thier game against the Sunwolves that they team from Japan plays with a lot of intensity, and that they foresee the Sunwolves suprising a few teams this year. It has now happened.

Blimey. They did look good in the highlights against the Waratahs last week (losing by only a point), but you couldn't predict this. Tony Brown doing his reputation no harm with that result.

Any explanations from a Chiefs perspective?

Wow, impressive stuff from the bulls.

I pretty confident in our game against the bulls because i thought our pack was stronger, both in fixed and loose formations, but now i see their pack bullying the lions around the park and have to second guess my assessment. Scrum, rucks, line out... they've outplayed them in every aspect.
I'm inclined to believe the lions are having a bad day but i am not sure.

When was the last time the Lions lost at home? Last i could remember was the final against the saders, but that was 2017 season.
Nice job bulls.

this is the best season since the jags are in. crazy results. well done sunwolves ( great for the comp) whats with the nz sides this year?

Bulls are playing some great rugby at the moment! Sharks/Stormers game was still dire, please with the win, but it's hard to be too optimistic after a performance like that.

It's amazing how different the Canes looked this week, fair to say any perceived weaknesses in the first couple weeks were down to missing personnel?

Chiefs may have just lost too much too quickly, looks like a rebuilding year for them.

I wish the Jaguares games (at least when playing SA opposition), could be earlier, it's 3pm in BA now, that's not to early for a Saturday rugby match! No ways I can make it to 11:35pm :(.

Nothing wrong with Bonilla's boot, but Jaguares not quite clicking. I can see them losing this, which they just can't afford to do.

I was about to say i was very happy that we hadn't received a single yellow card so far.
Silly me.

I was about to say i was very happy that we hadn't received a single yellow card so far.
Silly me.

Lavinini rolling back the years with that indiscipline. :p

Comical defence by the Blues for that try. Laughable clearance kick then just sleeping at Moyano. :S

Good grief. The Jaguares have offered little other than good defence and some kind of invisibility cloak for Moyano. It'll be robbery if they win this.

I know Moyano is good, but in both his tries today the blues defence was virtually non-existent. Kudos for him for spotting the opportunity and going for it, but in both tries i literally out loud "no way, he cannot score that".

Latest posts