• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] The Final (6 July 2019)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
pD5fGAx.jpg

CVOh3Db.png
Er9w71N.png
QWfy9jJ.png

Venue: Orangetheory Stadium
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

My money is on the Jags. Crusaders showed they are NOT unbeatable, in fact I think they are lucky to be in the final. The Jags deserved a home final, if there is any justice in the world, the Jags will win. They are good enough.

My money is on the Jags. Crusaders showed they are NOT unbeatable, in fact I think they are lucky to be in the final. The Jags deserved a home final, if there is any justice in the world, the Jags will win. They are good enough.

Yes... Please!

Edit: who was master mind who set the game time to 4:35 am on Argentina? I mean... Rly?

It Will be at... What? 16:00 or 17:00hs NZ? Why don't play a final on prime time?

Saders to win on a cold dark night on christchurch, already moved on from super rugby

Hi guys, always a good reading, just logging in to calm anxiety ;) .... with super rugby final, rc and rwc this year, hard not to comment...

Well, I want to believe, while Crotty and Barret out (huge losses, also for ABs), we are going full strenght. At least from last match, where we humbly get, don't want to say easy win, but compared to the war in Chch it was like a pic nic.
Then you have the travel but I think Jaguares are quite used to them, as I heard in a youtube channel they are going to be the first to complete netflix.
Finally, our scrum against a very experienced first row maybe our weakest point.

Anyway, I like our chances, of course Crusaders are favourites (have just seen the odds) but considering the context, I think we have a shot...

Im worried, not just about our scrum. But our rush defense scares me as hell because of their insane pinpoint acuracy on kicking.

I'm the type who likes to root for an underdog, and I've been hearing the betting lines have the Crusaders by 14, so I'll be hoping the Jags can pull it off, but...

I mean, the Crusaders are a machine. Even if they're down 7 at halftime, I still see them winning by 10.

But if the Jaguares can do it, man oh man, that will send a HUGE warning signal to the rest of the world for September!

Would any of you be in favor of an extra week off between the semis and the final? It'd neutralize the potential disadvantage of travel, but on the other hand, it's a drag as a fan to wait... There's always an extra week off before the Super Bowl, and it absolutely sucks. On the other hand, there are no 24-hour travel requirements for one side or another. Just curious what y'all think.

Final Result:
CRU 34 JAG 24

I'm the type who likes to root for an underdog, and I've been hearing the betting lines have the Crusaders by 14, so I'll be hoping the Jags can pull it off, but...

I mean, the Crusaders are a machine. Even if they're down 7 at halftime, I still see them winning by 10.

But if the Jaguares can do it, man oh man, that will send a HUGE warning signal to the rest of the world for September!

Would any of you be in favor of an extra week off between the semis and the final? It'd neutralize the potential disadvantage of travel, but on the other hand, it's a drag as a fan to wait... There's always an extra week off before the Super Bowl, and it absolutely sucks. On the other hand, there are no 24-hour travel requirements for one side or another. Just curious what y'all think.

Final Result:
CRU 34 JAG 24

A extra week would be cool. That means that two teams can rest before the Clash. Help to recover/prevent injuries, etc. And for the fans... Yeah, waiting sucks but, hype even higher. XD

for the jags
enthusiasm 100
fitness 75 (travel)
rugby team 85
caracter 85
players skill 75
saders
enthusiasm 60 (routine)
fitness 85 (2 injured)
rugby team 90 (2 injured )
caracter 85
player skill 95
mmm no way.. I'll take a miracle, but they do happen. have to be there ready to take it.

So, probably:

Emiliano Boffelli; Sebastián Cancelliere, Matías Orlando, Jerónimo de la Fuente y Matías Moroni; Joaquín Díaz Bonilla y Tomás Cubelli; Marcos Kremer, Javier Ortega Desio, y Pablo Matera; Tomás Lavanini y Guido Petti; Santiago Medrano, Agustín Creevy y Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro.

Tetaz replacing Vivas and Moyano for Cancelliere. Also Kremer starter. Great too see Moyano starting and Quesada taking note of the scrum...

I like the team. Jaguares by 2. Yes, of course I´m biased...

So, probably:

Emiliano Boffelli; Sebastián Cancelliere, Matías Orlando, Jerónimo de la Fuente y Matías Moroni; Joaquín Díaz Bonilla y Tomás Cubelli; Marcos Kremer, Javier Ortega Desio, y Pablo Matera; Tomás Lavanini y Guido Petti; Santiago Medrano, Agustín Creevy y Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro.

Tetaz replacing Vivas and Moyano for Cancelliere. Also Kremer starter. Great too see Moyano starting and Quesada taking note of the scrum...

I like the team. Jaguares by 2. Yes, of course I´m biased...

Emiliano Boffelli; Ramiro Moyano, Matías Orlando, Jerónimo de la Fuente y Matías Moroni; Joaquín Díaz Bonilla y Tomás Cubelli; Marcos Kremer, Javier Ortega Desio, y Pablo Matera; Tomás Lavanini y Guido Petti; Santiago Medrano, Agustín Creevy y Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro.

Israel dancing tango:

:D

I was following the breakdown in the AB youtube channel but they didn't upload it this week...

Anyway, can't wait anymore...:eek:

As far as I have seen there are no more rains but it won't be that dry, maybe someone from chch can update the climate for the match. Don't know who benefits from this though...

Hope, and I believe, we'll have a hell of a match.

Screenshot_2019-07-04-13-11-39.png

Matera: "Lavanini and Kramer have a picture of mo' unga in their bed room door" :eek:

I'm looking forward to seein ennor at centre again. Its a really exciting prospect, him playing there. He has the size and power required as well as a very nice spiral pass at times. And then he's got that freak acceleration that would be his point of difference. This will be a good test to see if he could play in that position at the next level, as he'll be up against a good defensive test level midfield pairing in de la Fuentes and Orlando .

I want to see alb and ennor as a midfield pairing in a test one day.but ennor still has a lot to prove before he's ready for test rugby at centre.

What matchups are the rest of you looking forward to?

My gosh Lavanni is tackling like beast.

ps. This Crusaders dudes are good.

Latest posts