• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 RC/Tri Nations] Round 3: Argentina V New Zealand (14/11/2020)

The victory of the Pumas is based on a strong defense that stopped the AB. And they seemed strangers.
Good job, considering they had not competed for more than a year.

Well done to Argentina! They needed this. Rugby has been dealth a blow there with the virus and the Super rugby changes. This was them saying we are part of the SH top 4 and we can beat you.

It's also more meaningful because it was a first choice All Blacks team . Everyone wanted the coach to play young new players against the Argentines and he went with his first choice and they got beaten.

Before i forget: if i had to guess, i'd say Cheika had a lot to do with this. I have no evidence to support this, yet little doubt.
already seen some comment on him leading the gameplan, the guys on the field though must have made the most of their isolation...a lot of people thought they wouldn't have 80min in them...they did and more by the looks of it

makes me wonder about the saffas argument about not being match fit...you can get fit in isolation

How do y'all feel about my critisism of the Barretts now?

Well done to Argentina! They needed this. Rugby has been dealth a blow there with the virus and the Super rugby changes. This was them saying we are part of the SH top 4 and we can beat you.

It's also more meaningful because it was a first choice All Blacks team . Everyone wanted the coach to play young new players against the Argentines and he went with his first choice and they got beaten.
I still think we should have Not played our top team, said from the start I was worried that our top team wouldn't be up for it mentally.

Awesome game pumas. It's hard to beat a team with a good d line and not missing any tackles. ABs weren't creative enough and just kept bashing expecting pumas to crumble. ABs dropped too much ball.

Was this match brought forward? I was sure it was due to start @8:35 UK time. Shocked it's already happened

I feel a bit sorry for Creevy, as he is a big part of this group and he didn't get to be part of the win.
And Moroni! Good god, i cant believe i forgot about him. I'm probably forgetting others too, but him and Creevy have been instrumental in taking us here.

Kinda the opposite of Imhoff. Whenever he plays something special happens (he also played the first time we beat RSA).

Was this match brought forward? I was sure it was due to start @8:35 UK time. Shocked it's already happened
I thought so too. Lucky me my paranoia made me double-check the time last night so i got to see it.
I could have sworn i checked it this/last week and it was as you say.

I was working................. Did we just get outplayed? Did we look alright with the ball? Like....... What? People are going to be calling for the change of the guard like a lot of people were after the World Cup with the coaching staff..

Argentina are so weird,
How come they can only play well during the Tri/quad nations?
Summer/Autumn internationals they're getting whitewashed at home by B/C sides, world cups they're losing comfortably to tier 1 sides, and then this!

I was working................. Did we just get outplayed? Did we look alright with the ball? Like....... What? People are going to be calling for the change of the guard like a lot of people were after the World Cup with the coaching staff..
We didn't play well, very little structure, both wings popping up in a midfield ruck at one point summed it up, hookers being given the ball in space on the wing, loosies passing the ball from the ruck with the halfback right there

but the argies forced a lot of it, was it 1 handling error one 3 missed tackles..hard to win against that

Last edited:

Latest posts