• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 RC/Tri Nations] Round 3: Argentina V New Zealand (14/11/2020)

Not the result a abs fan wants but kudos to Argentina who stayed calm and tackled the abs out of the game ,score could have been more(good tackle by Aaron Smith to stop Imoff ) and abs still could have stole a win but executed poorly (Sotutu should have run it but passed to nobody ) for instance but Argentina wanted it more.Good win Argentina and hope they can back it up against Aus for another win to make comp interesting.

It's hard not to when they can't even get a win against the academy sides we send down there
The only NH side they've beaten, home or away, in as long as I cared to scroll back is Italy

But that's exactly my point - why are they so bad against NH sides but then turn it up in the Tri-Nations?
Hmm, don't know. It is worth noting it's not just a northern hemisphere vs Southern Hemisphere thing though, as they do get up against France. This century they have won 10 times against France and lost 7.

The ABs lost because of the cheating Aussie ref. The ABs were constantly penalised at the breakdown, when they were doing nothing wrong, it was the Pumas infringing yet the Pumas never got penalised. Same the week before when another Australian was in charge. It's like the Australian refs were told by the ARU to ensure the ABs lost to give the Australian team a chance to win the championship. Hopefully the NZ refs penalise the Australian's heavily so the Puma's win the Championship. No one wants the cheating Aussies to win. Same with last week Scott Barrett was sin binned, yet last night the Puma's action knocking the ball away was more deliberate yet the Puma never got sin binned. I bet if it was an AB not a Puma show did that , the Aussie ref would have sin binned the AB. Goes down in history the ABs lost these 2 games, but will never give the reason that the ABs lost because of the cheating Australian refs. Now the ABs know how the Warriors feel in the NRL where they are constantly shafted by the Aussie officials. I guess its just a jealousy thing by Australia that New Zealand is a far superior country to those A-Hole Aussies

I was just thinking how many changes will the All Blacks make for the next game?. Definitely at least 5 I would say. The back-row needs altering. Sotutu and Akira Ioane should play. Just my opinion but I'd go with something like this:
15. J Barrett
14. Reece
13. Clarke
12. Ioane
11. Jordan
10. Mo'unga
9. Perenara
8. Sotutu
7. Savea
6. A Ioane
5. Vaa'i
4. S Barrett
3. Laulala
2. Aumua
1. Moody

The AB's definite need more physically in the centres and up front.
I think I'd keep Clarke at 11 and give Jordan a run at 14, Clarke was rock solid under the highball and we need a spark at 14, I also think reiko was good at 13 in bledisloe 1...just needed a rocket about dotting the ball down

OMG, my dad still remembers that time in the 1970's when we tied up with them. Unbelievable.

I don't think many conclussions could be extracted from this... too long without playing any side, nobody knows what the future holds, nobody knows what things are going to look like in the future. Argentinean rugby last year accomplished one major feat when Jaguares lost the final of SR. The reason why we don't perform in the international stage is simply that our rugby cannot be stretched to the point of having a SR Franchise and Pumas and perform like the other members of SANZAR, end of discussion. That's been the problem since 2015.

That being said, gotta call my dad.
Well done everyone.

I think I'd keep Clarke at 11 and give Jordan a run at 14, Clarke was rock solid under the highball and we need a spark at 14, I also think reiko was good at 13 in bledisloe 1...just needed a rocket about dotting the ball down
Fair enough. I agree about Rieko in Bledisloe One. People forget it was his run that set up the Jordie Barrett try. I'm genuinely interested to see who Foster picks for the next game. Will he go with his top team again or will he mix it up?. Time will tell I suppose.

ABs humiliated? I don't think so. They just lost to better team.
what an insult to Argentina
Argentina will beat every team in the world eventually. Actually I'm surprised it took them this long to beat the ABs. I remember a game where jerry captained where ABs were incredibly lucky to draw. They weren't far from beating us then.

I was just thinking how many changes will the All Blacks make for the next game?. Definitely at least 5 I would say. The back-row needs altering. Sotutu and Akira Ioane should play. Just my opinion but I'd go with something like this:
15. J Barrett
14. Reece
13. Clarke
12. Ioane
11. Jordan
10. Mo'unga
9. Perenara
8. Sotutu
7. Savea
6. A Ioane
5. Vaa'i
4. S Barrett
3. Laulala
2. Aumua
1. Moody

The AB's definite need more physically in the centres and up front.

Why would you put TJ back in? dude is a flop at international level.

Get rid of Ardie as well.

those scrum penalties against the ABs were iffy. the pumas prop was hinging everytime but kept getting away with it.
coles needs to pull his head in, but a few of the ABs were baited and fell for it. detracted from our game, but good on the pumas for winning the psychological game.
whitelock was a machine. top AB i reckon

near full time my son asked me if i still liked gardiner. the ref was not why ABs lost. yes im still a gardiner fan. despite pinging ABs big time he still explained himself and was overt in his decisions.

The ABs lost because of the cheating Aussie ref. The ABs were constantly penalised at the breakdown, when they were doing nothing wrong, it was the Pumas infringing yet the Pumas never got penalised. Same the week before when another Australian was in charge. It's like the Australian refs were told by the ARU to ensure the ABs lost to give the Australian team a chance to win the championship. Hopefully the NZ refs penalise the Australian's heavily so the Puma's win the Championship. No one wants the cheating Aussies to win. Same with last week Scott Barrett was sin binned, yet last night the Puma's action knocking the ball away was more deliberate yet the Puma never got sin binned. I bet if it was an AB not a Puma show did that , the Aussie ref would have sin binned the AB. Goes down in history the ABs lost these 2 games, but will never give the reason that the ABs lost because of the cheating Australian refs. Now the ABs know how the Warriors feel in the NRL where they are constantly shafted by the Aussie officials. I guess its just a jealousy thing by Australia that New Zealand is a far superior country to those A-Hole Aussies
******* lol. Nothing better than seeing an All Black fan squeeling like a stuck pig.

Argentina will beat every team in the world eventually. Actually I'm surprised it took them this long to beat the ABs. I remember a game where jerry captained where ABs were incredibly lucky to draw. They weren't far from beating us then.
I think they have beaten every team now.

im glad the saffa's arent around to drive another nail into the ABs coffin
anyone know how this affects world standings?

im glad the saffa's arent around to drive another nail into the ABs coffin
anyone know how this affects world standings?
I believe the impact is New Zealand down to 3rd and Argentina up to 8th.

Two times. 1985 (a draw)in Ferro's stadium and and 2001 in River.
2001, minute 40 2H, we were ahead, Felipe kicks the ball to touch, misses touch, all blacks counter-attack and win the game in the last play.

Two times. 1985 (a draw)in Ferro's stadium and and 2001 in River.
2001, minute 40 2H, we were ahead, Felipe kicks the ball to touch, misses touch, all blacks counter-attack and win the game in the last play.
yes very lucky

Latest posts