• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 RC/Tri Nations] Round 3: Argentina V New Zealand (14/11/2020)

gotta say. discussing this with colleagues at work and all agree ABs were arrogant. gotta agree. ABs never switched into 2nd gear thinking that a bashing gameplan would work. by the 2nd half ABs shouldve realised that pumas were not going to miss any tackles and to start an off loading game. at the least ABs shouldve been more creative than just running it up into contact.
this is awesome. the ABs will grow from this.
gotta say that the ABs golden era has come to an end. coolios; its been over a decade, since 2007 after the loss to France in the quarters. its been an awesome ride and its awesome being an ABs fan. but one era has ended and its time to start building a new era.
looking forward to it

its annoying people saying this is the most humiliating defeat, the worse ABs loss ever, pride dented etc etc etc
this is denigrating the pumas. the pumas are a world class side who have beaten every major team in the world. it was only a matter of time before they got an ABs scalp and saturday was such a showcase of how to beat any team. it was an awesome game plan and the execution was sublime in its brutality.
ive often said that its easy to beat the ABs. you just gotta have a good d line and not miss any tackles. exactly what the pumas did.

That is a strong NZ Team im zurprised to hear they got beat by Argentina. Was it complacency? Tactics? Or just a damn good showing from Argentina?

Incredible. Have to say I have been very disconected with the sport with this covid crap. Actually when I saw "Tri Nations" in our media, I thought, bloody mono sport press that we have, they can't check even that it s a competition of 4 countries but then I realized SA was not taking part.
Of course I didn' t see this coming, why the hell they didn't defend like this in the RWC, who knows? And why Imhoff is playing now? Call the best, tackle, it's basic.

As for the ABs, they missed two tries at least and it could have been another story. I would play Beauden at 10, didn't like your wingers and your are missing guys like Nonu, SBW. Well, and the scrum.
Anyway, I'm quite afraid and excited of next game.

Fair enough. I agree about Rieko in Bledisloe One. People forget it was his run that set up the Jordie Barrett try. I'm genuinely interested to see who Foster picks for the next game. Will he go with his top team again or will he mix it up?. Time will tell I suppose.
Well I think he will have to make changes, surely (?)

it would also be hard to call that team they picked the top team now.

people have talked about needing go forward, Needing the right personnel who can hit it up. Maybe there is something in that but I don't see it as the major thing. Frizell was hitting it up ok, but we weren't able to gain any moment. The pumas were great at having a second player come in to finish a tackle, getting on the wrong side, Hence slowing the ball down, completely legally mind you. And the all blacks didn't have anyone to clear the ruck. They didn't learn, and continued to have players spread so the ones hitting it up were relatively isolated. Not isolated such that they were losing the ball, more that they weren't clearing the ball fast.

and we could have played territory more.
And we could have varied things, with players coming back on angles or going a bit deeper, pick and goes, chips in behind, offloads (again not possible due to the persistence of distance between our players in attack), etc.

but mostly just eagerness. I think McKenzie needs to start, I don't care where, could be first five, fullback, or even wing, he still make things happen.

That is a strong NZ Team im zurprised to hear they got beat by Argentina. Was it complacency? Tactics? Or just a damn good showing from Argentina?
Yes, yes, and yes.

gotta say. discussing this with colleagues at work and all agree ABs were arrogant. gotta agree. ABs never switched into 2nd gear thinking that a bashing gameplan would work. by the 2nd half ABs shouldve realised that pumas were not going to miss any tackles and to start an off loading game. at the least ABs shouldve been more creative than just running it up into contact.
gotta say that the ABs golden era has come to an end. coolios; its been over a decade, since 2007 after the loss to France in the quarters. its been an awesome ride and its awesome being an ABs fan. but one era has ended and its time to start building a new era.
looking forward to it
I'd say the era started end of year tour 04, 07 was a minor blip
Two times. 1985 (a draw)in Ferro's stadium and and 2001 in River.
2001, minute 40 2H, we were ahead, Felipe kicks the ball to touch, misses touch, all blacks counter-attack and win the game in the last play.
i remember the 2001 one, Jonah scoring right at the end, rip. The one mania was referring to I think was 2004, that was close too.
I would not generalize. Most of them are very gracious in defeat.
That's a much better response than what I was going to say, far fewer swear words haha, thanks.

looking forward to it
I don't think the All Blacks are ever really that creative. They thrive off mistakes from the opposition, counter attacking and out of this world support play. The majority of the points in the Sydney mauling, as an example, came directly from Wallaby mistakes (usually missing a regulation tackle). Or, think back to the first test and the Ioane non-try.

Maybe they were arrogant. Personally i don't think so. I think the Argies were just physical, disciplined in defence and had a better kicking game. England have set the blue print. Play physical, don't miss your tackles and kick for field position.

As an aside - Ioane is extremely arrogant to the point of fault. He has no place in a test side IMO. Mentality is all wrong.

cant argue too much...im just not sure arrogant is the right work, apathetic is what i would use, a lot of these guys just dont seem to want to be out there

i will agree Reiko seems arrogant though, for someone to persist with his unnecessary one hand (often the wrong hand) dot down and dive after potentially costing a game with it...thats arrogant

Also what's with every All Black trying to fight people left right and centre? its like if you tackle them or clean them out they throw their toys out of the crib.

All Blacks I know and hate are composed and rarely snap.

Also what's with every All Black trying to fight people left right and centre? its like if you tackle them or clean them out they throw their toys out of the crib.

come on, frizell gets a wee slap whilst on the ground and doens't like it...thats him wanting a fight

coles gives one of them a wee slap...thats him starting a fight...

cant have it both ways, its either the wee slap thats starting a fight OR its the retaliation, saying its ALWAYS the AB that needs to be the bigger man is a trap

Great game, well deserved win and I'm glad the scoreboard reflected Argentinas dominance.
The ABs had that deer in the headlights look 20 minutes in and I wasn't surprised they couldn't get it together after that. Seems to happen when they get bullied up front and a few ruck decisions go against them they go into their shells. Argies did a great job of getting under their skin.
It's hard to get back into the game with Coles getting penalties reversed with moron behavior or Mounga kicking the ball dead. I don't see why people would be more focused on the coaches or referees with so many poor individual performances.
I thought Webber and Dmac looked good coming on, that's probably my Waikato bias though.

come on, frizell gets a wee slap whilst on the ground and doens't like it...thats him wanting a fight

coles gives one of them a wee slap...thats him starting a fight...

cant have it both ways, its either the wee slap thats starting a fight OR its the retaliation, saying its ALWAYS the AB that needs to be the bigger man is a trap

And the week before, Anton like 3 times, TJ? I didn't see them get slapped lmao.

Frizzell didn't get a wee slap. He reacted to the Puma clapping at him and slapped the Puma.

Coles has always been a dick head so its expected of him.

Yeah that's the big thing I've noticed too, nowhere near as composed as usual. I don't think it's coincidence that the lack of results and lack of composure have come together. We weren't composed I. Semifinal of World Cup last year either

And the week before, Anton like 3 times, TJ? I didn't see them get slapped lmao.

Frizzell didn't get a wee slap. He reacted to the Puma clapping at him and slapped the Puma.

Coles has always been a dick head so its expected of him.
1605507114273.png

go back and watch again, frizell get a wee shove to the face whilst on the ground, he reacts and then Matera escalates and claims to be defending his country or something

looks, i happy to admit we were outplayed, didn't deserve to win and coles can be a dick, even more of a dick doing what he does when loosing....but a pile on aint needed

I think Matera said it best: "They must respect us, I'm playing for my country". And that has been an ongoing trend for me when watching the All Blacks the past 2 years or so. They seem genuinely disrespectful towards their opponents. The "higher than thou" attitude.

And I think this tournament has shown that the referees and the opposition are not tolerating the "god" complex the AB's had. I think we should applaud Gardiner. It's about time a ref penalise the AB's for their ****ling jabs at opponents. Why slap an opponent in the face? for whatever reason?? A pat on the back is perfectly acceptable, but a slap in the face, is exactly that: "A slap in the face". It's a sign of disrespect to the opponent.

The Argentinians was just awesome to watch. Matera, Sanchez and Imhoff was just amazing to watch.

Congrats Argentina!!

I think Matera said it best: "They must respect us, I'm playing for my country". And that has been an ongoing trend for me when watching the All Blacks the past 2 years or so. They seem genuinely disrespectful towards their opponents. The "higher than thou" attitude.

I'm sorry, but you let yourself being carried away...the whole incident leading to Matera's line (that some are putting now next to Gregan "four more years boys" one), was started by the Argies. Frizell was the first "casualty" of the incident.

I'm sorry, but you let yourself being carried away...the whole incident leading to Matera's line (that some are putting now next to Gregan "four more years boys" one), was started by the Argies. Frizell was the first "casualty" of the incident.

I'm not talking about a single incident. or what happened prior to why Matera said that. I'm talking about the general disrespectful nature the AB's tend to show towards their opposition, and the overall nitty gritty off the ball stuff they do to opponents to "rattle" them...

I remember why I started looking for another forum

in conclusion, even though there was a push to the face from each team (one of which resulted in a reversed penalty, the other didnt) one was a sign the abs don't respect their opposition and the other was a proud Argentinian playing for his country

I remember why I started looking for another forum

in conclusion, even though there was a push to the face from each team (one of which resulted in a reversed penalty, the other didnt) one was a sign the abs don't respect their opposition and the other was a proud Argentinian playing for his country

If you want to be sensitive about this then so be it. But Coles and Frizzell slapped the Argentinians. Where Coles was unprovoked and did it out of gratification for getting a penalty.

But you seem to forget that prior to lockdown in the Super Rugby there were also discussions about the NZ players and them being pinged for their "Dark Arts" tricks as well as during last year's RC.

It's not an isolated incident of 2 slaps in one game that has brought these views from other parts of the earth. It's an ongoing trend.

Latest posts