• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 RC/Tri Nations] Round 3: Argentina V New Zealand (14/11/2020)

No, SC would be quoting some obscure rule that meant whatever the abs had done was fine but everyone else should get life bans...I'm just saying not sure why the pile one about abs starting fights they didn't and not respecting anyone is needed

I love the fights. I just think the All Blacks have always been the beacon of composure. Its a bad look that in the last 2 games they've lost they constantly tried to fight, which to me shows they're becoming fragile mentally. They've been above it in the past unless it was i.e Brendon Cannon trying to punch Mealamu's head into the crowd or blatant dirty play i.e when McCaw headbutted Quade's knee.

Also there is nothing that says a mod has to be impartial. They're impartial in judgement of the rules of the forum. Not impartial on what teams they support.

Just something else to add: Argentina really are wonderful to watch when they are playing well.
Its wonderfull when the favourite gets beaten as long as you are not the side who is the favourite being beaten.

Jaguares has been a joy to watch but from my experience, the International matches against Argentina have never really been super exciting or cliffhangers.

******* lol. Nothing better than seeing an All Black fan squeeling like a stuck pig.
The commentator mentioned that during the game. Not in those exact words, but he made the same point. The other guys in the TV booth got a good laugh out of it.

I think Matera said it best: "They must respect us, I'm playing for my country". And that has been an ongoing trend for me when watching the All Blacks the past 2 years or so. They seem genuinely disrespectful towards their opponents. The "higher than thou" attitude.

And I think this tournament has shown that the referees and the opposition are not tolerating the "god" complex the AB's had. I think we should applaud Gardiner. It's about time a ref penalise the AB's for their ****ling jabs at opponents. Why slap an opponent in the face? for whatever reason?? A pat on the back is perfectly acceptable, but a slap in the face, is exactly that: "A slap in the face". It's a sign of disrespect to the opponent.

The Argentinians was just awesome to watch. Matera, Sanchez and Imhoff was just amazing to watch.

Congrats Argentina!!

Lol what now?

The referees and other teams aren't tolerating the ABs god complex anymore? Please explain.

It's about time a ref penalise the AB's for their ****ling jabs at opponents. Really? Only the ABs are guilty of that and they never get penalized for it? You're dreaming.

Good to see most posters here celebrating a great game of rugby and historic well deserved result for Argentina but there's always some more interested in celebrating a New Zealand loss than anything else.

But what about Marcos Kremer though? I swear he'd made like ten tackles in the first ten minutes.

AB fans very poor losers. Blaming the ref and booing every opponent kick is very poor sportsmanship.
It's unfortunate that NZ fans seem to be leading the way when it comes booing the kicker.
A pity nothing can be done about it. I guess it won't be long before other nation's supporters respond in kind. A sad day for RU.

But what about Marcos Kremer though? I swear he'd made like ten tackles in the first ten minutes.
He was pivotal. Sanchez (point scorer) and Matera (played amazingly but being the captain and choosing his words carefully give him more protagonism) get the spotlight, but Kremer was nothing short of phenomenal.
You made me check the stats.
28 tackles, missed 3.
14 carries.

Most carries (tied) and 12 more tackles than anyone else.

One thing that probably went unnoticed. We had 2 players who had their first cap. Chocobares (21) played the whole 80 minutes at 12 and Santiago Grondona (22) played at #8 the last 35 minutes.
Quite the story to tell your grandkids about your debut.

Yes he was inmense, 29:

And what about Chocobares and Grondona making their debut in this match, luckiest guys on earth... and doing it well. I saw Dusatoir congratulating them by answering in Pumas twitter account.

Incredible. Have to say I have been very disconected with the sport with this covid crap.
i hope you've reconnected. this is turning out to be an awesome triNations. everythings on the line

i hope you've reconnected. this is turning out to be an awesome triNations. everythings on the line
Yeah, jaja, saturday 3 am I was reconected, watching the game in mute not to wake up my kids. Celebrating in silence with mate (argentiean tea) ;)

Vamos Pumas ¡our joy is immense. I've been waiting for this since I was a kid.

I am speaking especially to you, New Zealanders, Australians, South Africans, French, English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh ...

As Argentines we have to thank you for giving us a place throughout these decades for allowing us to play tests against you or for integrating us into tournaments such as Rugby Championship or Super Rugby. .

At the same time, I must say that we have deserved your help. We are not newcomers to the RUGBY planet. As a reminder, we first beat Ireland in the 1960s, Australia in 1979, South Africa in 1982, France in 1985, etc, etc.

I say this to tell you that we still need you. Don't let us down. This feat against the All Blacks was only possible thanks to our incorporation into Super Rugby. However, we have just been kicked out of this tournament for reasons related to COVID.

We absolutely have to give the Jaguares a place in the northern hemisphere (PRO14) or in the southern hemisphere (Super rugby in Oceania).

You have every interest in the progress of Argentine rugby. This is the only possibility of bringing rugby out of its historic endogamy.

We beat the All Blacks. We have joined the very exclusive club of the 7 nations which have achieved this feat. It's up to you now.

I would not be opposed to the Jaguares playing in the Currie Cup. If not this year then atleast next year.
Or Argentina to establish a national League and let the winner team join the Currie cup or a champions version of Super rugby picked from the winner of every domestic league from SANZAAR.

I would not be opposed to the Jaguares playing in the Currie Cup. If not this year then atleast next year.
Or Argentina to establish a national League and let the winner team join the Currie cup or a champions version of Super rugby picked from the winner of every domestic league from SANZAAR.

South Africa has historically been very generous to us, but you need to be even more so.
The exodus of South African teams in Europe is catastrophic for us. If to this we add the fact that the 1st division of the Currie Cup was banned from us. As a reminder, in 2019 we won the 2nd division of the Currie Cup with Jaguares B and we were forbidden to go to the 1st division by SARU.
You have everything to gain by letting us participate in the 1st division. I am of the opinion that the Currie Cup should become something of a major tournament in the African and American continents.
Just as Namibia participated in the 2nd division at one time, the winner of the South American league could have a place in this tournament. On the other hand Jaguares B should be invited by default to the 1st division.
This scheme would allow us to occupy our professional players who do not join the Pumas during the second half of the year. But what about the first half?
Our Argentina-based professional players, many of whom are Pumas, require first-level competition for the first half of the year. The South American league is not enough. The South Africans must help us integrate the Jagurares into PRO14 with Stormers, Sharks, Lions, Bulls. Otherwise, the level of Pumas will drop drastically.

South Africa and Argentina have had a great rugby relationship for decades. They would be a welcome addition to the Currie Cup.

South Africa will have no power in getting the Jaguares involved with the Pro 16.

The Irish and Welsh unions and their broadcasters seems to be the ones to convince when looking for someone to swoon regarding entry into pro x rugby.

The premier division of the Currie cup should be open to any side good enough to qualify through the second division, be that local or foreign teams such as Jaguares, Georgian or MLR entries. That's if they are infact seeking a premier level comp to play in on a global scale as a compliment to their domestic scene.

If They are good enough to make the premier division by results then they wil add to the comp. If Jaguares play a b team in the Currie cup premiership and get walloped then they will quickly realise they will need to step up and play a side resembling something close to their effort in Super rugby. On the other side if the Jaguares come in and play with a team similar to the one that was performing so well in Super rugby and tops the log then it will force our unions to play more of their best internationals earlier on in the season.

As of now teams like the Stormers, Sharks and Bulls can comfortably make the playoffs by playing their youngsters and when the time comes for the business end then they bring in the Springboks. If there is someone good enough to challenge you for that quarter final spot , we will have a competition on our hands which will naturally drive broadcast revenue.

It won't dillute the local structure or the playing opportunities for the youngsters as you can increase the size of the premier division once enough teams are of the required standard. Right now they are limiting who can join the premier division because they want all games to be close and tight and everytime they have tried to expand it to more than what it currently is teams started putting on cricket scores.

I am afraid to say Argentina in the Pro 14 won't happen soon, if we are honest. South Africa only got accepted because we bring with us a sizeable TV audience, high level teams that will compete, and crucially we are in the same time zone which again is good for broadcasting revenue.

Just something else to add: Argentina really are wonderful to watch when they are playing well.
I am a die hard AB supporter. That game was by far the best I have ever seen Argentina play. They did not make mistakes that the ABs normally feed off. They were amazing on defense. They did not fade in the last 10 minutes which has been their weakness. They just plain outplayed the ABs. They deserved on every level the win. This is exactly what the ABs need to wake them up

South Africa will have no power in getting the Jaguares involved with the Pro 16.

The Irish and Welsh unions and their broadcasters seems to be the ones to convince when looking for someone to swoon regarding entry into pro x rugby.

The premier division of the Currie cup should be open to any side good enough to qualify through the second division, be that local or foreign teams such as Jaguares, Georgian or MLR entries. That's if they are infact seeking a premier level comp to play in on a global scale as a compliment to their domestic scene.

If They are good enough to make the premier division by results then they wil add to the comp. If Jaguares play a b team in the Currie cup premiership and get walloped then they will quickly realise they will need to step up and play a side resembling something close to their effort in Super rugby. On the other side if the Jaguares come in and play with a team similar to the one that was performing so well in Super rugby and tops the log then it will force our unions to play more of their best internationals earlier on in the season.

As of now teams like the Stormers, Sharks and Bulls can comfortably make the playoffs by playing their youngsters and when the time comes for the business end then they bring in the Springboks. If there is someone good enough to challenge you for that quarter final spot , we will have a competition on our hands which will naturally drive broadcast revenue.

It won't dillute the local structure or the playing opportunities for the youngsters as you can increase the size of the premier division once enough teams are of the required standard. Right now they are limiting who can join the premier division because they want all games to be close and tight and everytime they have tried to expand it to more than what it currently is teams started putting on cricket scores.

I am afraid to say Argentina in the Pro 14 won't happen soon, if we are honest. South Africa only got accepted because we bring with us a sizeable TV audience, high level teams that will compete, and crucially we are in the same time zone which again is good for broadcasting revenue.

I would love to play PRO14 ... To what extent would the 2 Italian teams be more attractive than Jaguares in the eyes of the Welsh and the Irish? The time difference with Buenos Aires exists but it is not that important. Barely 4 or 5 hours. Nothing to do with Oceania.

Latest posts