• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Rugby Championship] Round 4 Argentina v New Zealand (18/9/2021)

TRF_stormer2010

TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
1631689209247.png1631689215278.png1631689241813.png
18 September 2021 | 12:05 (CAT)
Suncorp Stadium

Argentina
TBA

New Zealand
15 Jordie Barrett, 14 Will Jordan, 13 Rieko Ioane, 12 Quinn Tupaea, 11 George Bridge 10 Damien McKenzie, 9 TJ Perenara, 8 Hoskins Sotutu, 7 Ardie Savea (captain), 6 Ethan Blackadder, 5 Tupou Vaa'i, 4 Patrick Tuipulotu, 3 Tyrel Lomax, 2 Samisoni Taukei'aho, 1 Joe Moody

Substitutes: 16 Codie Taylor, 17 George Bower, 18 Ofa Tu'ungafasi, 19 Scott Barrett, 20 Luke Jacobson, 21 Finlay Christie, 22 Beauden Barrett, 23 Braydon Ennor

Last edited:
Argentina will front up and play much better. Don't know if they can win, but it won't be a bonus point win for the ABs.

I can only see this going one way. After the indifferent performances last year Foster has finally got the ABs playing to a consistently good standard. They will beat Argentina and it won't be close. ABs to win 37 - 10.

Will be interesting to see the team. I imagine given the non stop schedule of games that this will be seen as the ideal time to rest players, ahead of the boks.

might be something like
Moody
Taylor
Taavao
Scott
vaai
Jacobson
Savea
Sotutu
Weber
Beauden
Reece
Havili
Lienert brown
Jordan
Jordie
Karl
Aumua
Lomax
Retallick
Blackadder
Tj
Mckenzie
Ione

Foster has made way too many changes for this match... going to be hard for us cohesion wise & we need to win this one to keep the squeeze on the Boks.

A - rugby.jpg

ABs : 1. Joe Moody (51), 2. Samisoni Taukei'aho (5), 3. Tyrel Lomax (9), 4. Patrick Tuipulotu (38), 5. Tupou Vaa'i (6), 6. Ethan Blackadder (4), 7. Ardie Savea (53) – captain, 8. Hoskins Sotutu (6), 9. TJ Perenara (72), 10. Damian McKenzie (34), 11. George Bridge (14), 12. Quinn Tupaea (2), 13. Rieko Ioane (41), 14. Will Jordan (7), 15. Jordie Barrett (29).
Reserves : 16. Codie Taylor (61), 17. George Bower (6), 18. Ofa Tuungafasi (39), 19. Scott Barrett (45), 20. Luke Jacobson (8),21. Finlay Christie (2), 22. Beauden Barrett (95), 23. Braydon Ennor (1).

Mckenzie has played plenty of games at both 15 & 10, so he'll go well at 1st-five... just a bit of a worry with a lot of combination changes.

Last edited:
Interesting team .I like Will Jordan he is good to watch and we will see if Argentina target the scrum and lineout in this game .

Interesting team .I like Will Jordan he is good to watch and we will see if Argentina target the scrum and lineout in this game .
Yeah, Will Jordan is a brilliant winger - thought our lineout was a bit messy in our last match.... with all these changes we've got to really concentrate on executing our set pieces well, in the lineouts our hooker has to throw accurately, lifters need to get their timing right, with the jumper attacking the ball aggressively in the air.

It will be a tough game. The 10-12-13 axis has not a lot Of experience at This level in those positions.

good to see ofa back.

Last edited:
NZ looking to give the up and comers a cap and develop depth. I am sure those players will pick it up and take in in their stride as the All Blacks always seem to do.

After seeing the All Blacks team I'm a little more nervous about my prediction of an easy win. That team has talent in abundance but I'm never keen on seeing loads of new combinations at once. It's hard to get into a rhythm. I hope Foster hasn't made a massive mistake here. Don't get me wrong that team should still easily account for Argentina but sometimes a lack of familiarity in combinations can cost you a test match.

After seeing the All Blacks team I'm a little more nervous about my prediction of an easy win. That team has talent in abundance but I'm never keen on seeing loads of new combinations at once. It's hard to get into a rhythm. I hope Foster hasn't made a massive mistake here. Don't get me wrong that team should still easily account for Argentina but sometimes a lack of familiarity in combinations can cost you a test match.
You'll win or lose by 5. Book it.

Yeah, not intelligent coaching by Foster - this is a crucial part of the comp, so really silly making 11 changes, if Argentina win most of our or all of our 5 point lead could evaporate going into those last two matches against the Boks.

Yeah, not intelligent coaching by Foster - this is a crucial part of the comp, so really silly making 11 changes, if Argentina win most of our or all of our 5 point lead could evaporate going into those last two matches against the Boks.
i dont know, i see what hes doing, he also wants to give the best players a small rest before having to front SA, i think this is better than fielding a full strength team and risking fatigue/injury for the SA games

i dont know, i see what hes doing, he also wants to give the best players a small rest before having to front SA, i think this is better than fielding a full strength team and risking fatigue/injury for the SA games
This is about getting the balance right, giving ourselves the best chance of winning the Rugby Championship though - Foster hasn't learnt from Hansen's mistakes in his last year of coaching, where we consistently made too many changes, it was basically like musical chairs, it definitely showed with us finishing last in the Rugby Championship, our worst result ever in that comp, also hardly firing a shot at the RWC... yeah, we should make some changes each game, but make way too many changes & you're just asking for trouble cohesion wise.

generally im the first to bag fozzie and the
This is about getting the balance right, giving ourselves the best chance of winning the Rugby Championship though - Foster hasn't learnt from Hansen's mistakes in his last year of coaching, where we consistently made too many changes, it was basically like musical chairs, it definitely showed with us finishing last in the Rugby Championship, our worst result ever in that comp, also hardly firing a shot at the RWC... yeah, we should make some changes each game, but make way too many changes & you're just asking for trouble cohesion wise.

and changing but i get it in this run of games, this team is still capable of beating argentina where as it would struggle to beat south Africa

Latest posts