• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] France vs Wales (20/03/2021)

It does seem that under Gatland, Biggar and Rhys Webb, Wales became almost the new England in terms of being disliked by other country's fans.

It does seem that under Gatland, Biggar and Rhys Webb, Wales became almost the new England in terms of being disliked by other country's fans.
As long as we're disliked by you and yours we know we're doing something right

1616334881624.gif

Less players and more tactics Gatlandball make me want to gouge my eyeballs out. If they play regularly like they did yesterday and are as sucessful they'll probably win some over.

Great game, great performances from both sides. I hate French Rugby so I'm small but it's not the time to rub it in, a very, very tough loss for Welsh fans. Feel for you lads.
Can you explain why do you hate French rugby?

Mate, google Matt Fagerson's comments from last week (or the week before).
Just did sounded like sour grapes on behalf of his brother . I wouldn't take that comment of one and say the whole team though.

Less players and more tactics Gatlandball make me want to gouge my eyeballs out. If they play regularly like they did yesterday and are as sucessful they'll probably win some over.
It's Warrenball actually...

TBH my dislike tended to be posters that used to post on here and Walesonline

Also acting like 6N's is the biggest competition in world rugby ever
I honestly don't think I've ever met a compatriot who wouldn't much rather win a World Cup. Maybe I haven't met many Welsh people though...

1616335329250.gif

Within 12 hours of the match the threads this year have usually descended into complete and utter drivel. I usually switch off after that.
Yeah I'd say mods close the thread but I'm probably going to go back into hibernation for the foreseeable, so do what you will!

Let's not bring this up again ffs Nigel clearly represented his view initially in a way that implied it directly violated a law when asked about this law it was then stated as an unprovable 'directive' at the very least he initially represented his view in a very poor way.
Bit like certain refs this 6N.

To be honest I'm not really bothered if we win the 6N or come 2nd now but you'd have to think it's a massive ask for France to beat Scotland by 21 points. You'd fancy Scotland to score a couple and they're not exactly going to want to roll over and let a France smash them. I can see France scoring 4 or more tries but Scotland really should keep the loss within 5-10 points. Having said that France are capable but I don't see it personally.
I believe the French are capable of securing the bonus point which would equate to (as a rough estimate) scoring a minimum of say 24/25 points. Add to this a perhaps incidental try and 2or 3 penalty kicks this might bring their haul to C. 40 points. With a performance such as that I cant see Scotland amassing more than C. 20 points . With this in mind it's going to be a fascinating game that could possibly go to the wire. Am sure it will keep everyone entertained though and add another 80 mins excitement to an otherwise mundane week. Theres no doubt the French have it all to do and Wales could just nick it.

My point was simply that England and Ireland earlier on (possibly by yourself) were accused of ganging up on the Welsh which would imply the Irish are not overly fond of the Welsh setup no? I don't have to ask why it is England are hated it's largely due to historical events, as well as generally being superior in just about every way with exception to turning reffs into our sock puppets Wales have superiority there.

Amen.

I believe the French are capable of securing the bonus point which would equate to (as a rough estimate) scoring a minimum of say 24/25 points. Add to this a perhaps incidental try and 2or 3 penalty kicks this might bring their haul to C. 40 points. With a performance such as that I cant see Scotland amassing more than C. 20 points . With this in mind it's going to be a fascinating game that could possibly go to the wire. Am sure it will keep everyone entertained though and add another 80 mins excitement to an otherwise mundane week. Theres no doubt the French have it all to do and Wales could just nick it.
Allez Les bleus

I believe for every drop of rain that falls
A flower grows
etc.

It was refreshing to see Wales attack was such pace and purpose. Gatland obviously done well with Wales but i can't remember ever his Wales teams being able to attack with that much pace and getting over the gain line so easy against a strong team. Hopefully a few younger players can be brought in to help them get the next level. A bit more energy in the 2nd row is needed, Wyn Jones had a decent shift getting around the park but I can't really remember Francis ever doing much in open play.

It was refreshing to see Wales attack was such pace and purpose. Gatland obviously done well with Wales but i can't remember ever his Wales teams being able to attack with that much pace and getting over the gain line so easy against a strong team. Hopefully a few younger players can be brought in to help them get the next level. A bit more energy in the 2nd row is needed, Wyn Jones had a decent shift getting around the park but I can't really remember Francis ever doing much in open play.
52kimk.jpg

It's the same french defence that England and Ireland played. :p
I only looked back 10 years but only once, England 2019, have any teams scored more points than Wales in a 6 nations. That's counting on Scotland not getting pumped next week.

Last edited:

Latest posts