• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] France vs Wales (20/03/2021)

365 club games
84 caps
7 Domestic/Premiership ***les
2 European ***les
2 grand slams
6 triple crowns
1 RWC
3 lions tour
1 Lions tour winning captain

v

238 club games
156 test games
3 Pro 12
3 Grand slams
4 triple crowns
2 Lions tour (1 win, 1 draw)

I would've done the chad Johnson and virgin AWJ meme but too lazy ATM.
one is going down as a legend for Country the other is going down as a legend for club and country.
Point of order MJ will for his feats be considered a legend the world over which is why he usually make any world's best 15 lists plus AN Other lock.

Still know which career I would rather have

episode 14 smoking GIF
Well yeah, I'm yet to meet an Englishman that wishes he was Welsh... it would be like a homophobe wishing that he was homosexual.

Martin Johnson is a big fan of AWJ isn't he?
He's a pundit these days on a British channel he's unlikely to come out against him. Mainly because he hasn't fashioned a media career as a rent a gob.

All I'm saying is England has had their AWJ type with the English press.

I also feel that the English press would've turned on AWJ by now if he hadn't gotten to a RWC final or something

English press love hyping young players and tearing them down when they get old

He's a pundit these days on a British channel he's unlikely to come out against him. Mainly because he hasn't fashioned a media career as a rent a gob.
So when he said he should be lions captain in 2017 (if I recall correctly) then he's just lying to appease the masses? Which masses exactly?

Again, if he says he should be starting in this like tour that's to keep the Welsh happy? I'm confused. He could say nothing couldn't he?

Absolutely true, you have to look at possession + territory. The Welsh had both in the first hour of the match and that explains both their dominance and the score. The way both figures changes at the end means the Welsh just stopped playing while the French gave everything they had. Biggar was already substituted, Owens, Faletau, Tipuric and Navidi were were completely knackered at the 70th minute, while the French kept running. like Duracell rabbits.
Still very surprised by the extend of the Welsh domination at the breakdown until these last minutes. I hope Taofifenua and Le Roux willl be back to play Scotland.
Absolutely, I dont know what time it was on the clock but when the french player took the ball from behind the goal area and went through half a dozen welsh player I thought the writing on the wall some players were out on their feet, we need our subs to come on and keep the structure. in my view they failed to do this, to say the welsh team is unfit is off the mark, but the whole 23 must understand the structure that is wanted and not return to type , far too many kick going back to the french in the last 10/15 min we (Wales) gave France their opportunities to come back and score tries, I hope we can improve on this. But I will say again that it was a fantastic game, Wales gave their all and because of it we ran out of steam, But I would have taken this back in the autumn.

And now? I'm pretty sure he said he should be captain or a serious contender at least.

I agree he should be captain but when the choices are AWJ, Itoje or Farrell it's not ripe alternatives and leadership is something I worry about this lions team, can't have 1 person being the main leader.

I think Warburton will be a big loss this lions series

I mean welsh fans on Twitter gave more **** about Genge not clapping than Irish fans are Genge elbowing sexton in the face
Bloody hell, this tournament has gone on so long I'd forgotten about the death threat saga

I agree he should be captain but when the choices are AWJ, Itoje or Farrell it's not ripe alternatives and leadership is something I worry about this lions team, can't have 1 person being the main leader.

I think Warburton will be a big loss this lions series

So is it possible Martin Johnson thinks AWJ is a very good player both now and in 2017?

And now? I'm pretty sure he said he should be captain or a serious contender at least.
Performance wise? Yesterday he was a complete passenger in a good Wales performance. Should of been yellow carded and would of been had Pearce not taken pity on Wales having just dished two out.

Like what did he do yesterday that the other 7 starting locks cant do?

Latest posts