• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Investec Champions Cup Final - Toulouse v Leinster

Doris arguing that hands on the floor is hilarious.

Leinster trying to stretch Toulouse wide with the extra man in the backs now, but then leaving the ruck short a lot.

Not sure on that, surely you can't reward a jackler when there's a guy lying on the wrong side of the ruck preventing a potential clearout?

Comfortable little blind spot the referee has for his countryman. Willis joined from the side and brought the maul down there.

Not sure on that, surely you can't reward a jackler when there's a guy lying on the wrong side of the ruck preventing a potential clearout?
he's nowhere near the ball and the nearest clearout were in another zip code.

#Respectthekicker (when we are winning)

Anyone tell me how RTE are reacting to this?
Complaining about substitutions for injured front row players. Gonna have to tune out as they are 10 seconds ahead of the US stream.

Clash of ***ans for sure. Two amazing teams cancelling each other out all day. Toulouse worthy winners in what's basically an away game, enjoyed it throughly. Toulouse back row were in beast mode.

Defense win championships and even losing Ahki early this Toulouse team held firm

Clash of ***ans for sure. Two amazing teams cancelling each other out all day. Toulouse worthy winners in what's basically an away game, enjoyed it throughly. Toulouse back row were in beast mode.
Yeah, great final with comfortably the two best teams in Europe

Scoreline probably flatters Toulouse a little, felt more like a one kick game than 9pts

Said it before but Dupont just unreal

Don't think Leinster let themselves down too much here, it's not a choke job. They came up against Europe's best and it took 100 mins to separate them. At this level if a couple of players are not at the races (Byrne in particular if we're being honest) it will drag you back. There were periods where they could have established dominance and they didn't.

I didn't think Toulouse would pull away like that in ET, but fair play to them.

Leinster's fourth defeat in the champion cup final, they overtook Clermont.
Bravo to Toulouse, a team which has a real history. Toulouse is unrivaled.

Leinster needs to fire Cullen and bring me in as a dawg coach.

8 millions articles why England should select French based players incoming.
just Toulouse based players . . . don't want any of the toulon or Rochelle riff raff in camp

@munstermuffin One word, you who said Leinster would win
And they didn't. Better team won marginally. I think Leinster got tactics wrong slightly and more worrying is they aren't replacing the key parts they need to replace like a THP.
And I think if Leinster had a consistent 10 they score more. Rotational cycle doesn't work at 10. I feel 4 lads all getting minutes but none to point that it their team to boss. And it not being critical of any 10. Byrne or Frawley weren't bad today just in general like Sexton was or Crowley is say.
But they hardly went down in disgrace today. Toulouse were more clinical in their period of man up compared to Leindter in extra time.

Also what is your 1 word

Last edited:
I'll clown on Leinster for losing to La Rochelle but this a bit different. These two are in a league of their own in terms of scouting, academy, and budget. Toulouse actually built a squad to fight two competitions this year and they have the best player of the professional era. Wish we would have had a more free flowing ref but this is the final you ask for.

Robbed in that first half. Sheehan peno in the corner was a joke.

Toulouse we're the big game team, fair play but that one feels dirty unlike the last two years.

Leinster's mistake was not starting Jimmy.

Also what is your 1 word

Congratulations to Leinster for their T I T A N I C performance, they are an extremely tough team and in the top 3 of the best teams in the world.

I also think they need to change their strategy, they were crushed in the rucks by the Stade Toulousain players, that's where the difference was made.
Toulouse was very tough in defense.

Congratulations to Leinster for their T I T A N I C performance, they are an extremely tough team and in the top 3 of the best teams in the world.

I also think they need to change their strategy, they were crushed in the rucks by the Stade Toulousain players, that's where the difference was made.
Toulouse was very tough in defense.
I thought Leinster were well capable up front.
Hindsight a great thing but:
Van Der Flier should've started
The attack suffered for Leinster and I think that goes back to a mix of no 10 is getting a consistent run and the defensive system sacrifices a bit of attack structure.
Toulouse deserved the win today and I do think there is a mental issue in that Leinster squad that needs addressing and if they win no trophy this year then it is a major failure the last 2 years. But that assessment is based solely on results business.
There was nothing in it today. I just thought Toulouse were more clinical in their period of being on tip and Dupont was at his best which always helps.
Don't think Leinster van have any excuses or issues really. They were 2nd best on day by a whisker. I know some may say ref was poor etc but he was consistent

Latest posts