• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] Scotland vs England (05/02/22)

Given that its going to be ******* down with driving wind
Really can't see either 9's passing until they have a scrum or penalty advantage 12 9 either way

England are actually bookies favourites for this (though that'll be slightly skewed by England being the bigger betting market)

May well be something like a 3 point game. Might turn on a single mistake, captaincy decision or goal kick. Might be one of those days where experience comes to the fore.

Scotland need to come out and make a statement this weekend with England first up at home. They are good enough on paper to win but have just struggled to put a decent run of results together in the 6 nations.
They almost are as bad a Gloucester fans with 'this year is out year', they need to stop talking about it and actually be in with a chance of wining on the last day.

This is one game this week where I'm not sure of which way it's going to go, probably leaning to a narrow Scotland win though.

Given that its going to be ******* down with driving wind
Really can't see either 9's passing until they have a scrum or penalty advantage 12 9 either way
Just seen the weather report as well. Rain, wind, going to be attritional stuff. One for the rugby purists I suspect and for those that love watching scrum after scrum after scrum!! Kickers are going to have one hell of a day. Daly to win it in the last minute with a 70 meter kick carried over by a howling Scottish following wind. Hoisted by their own foul weather petard

Scotland need to come out and make a statement this weekend with England first up at home. They are good enough on paper to win but have just struggled to put a decent run of results together in the 6 nations.
They almost are as bad a Gloucester fans with 'this year is out year', they need to stop talking about it and actually be in with a chance of wining on the last day.

This is one game this week where I'm not sure of which way it's going to go, probably leaning to a narrow Scotland win though.

Care to share your sources where someone in the Scotland camp has claimed 'this year is our year' in relation to this 6N?

Care to share your sources where someone in the Scotland camp has claimed 'this year is our year' in relation to this 6N?
Example here;

"If you ask Gregor, and I think he said so at the press conference on Wednesday, that he goes into these tournaments looking to win," said the Scottish Rugby chief executive.
"The squad depth is the greatest in my time here, and I've heard other respected commentators and even some of you say that this is the strongest squad in depth terms we've been able to put on the park in a generation, so our expectations are high."

They aren't my favourite to win but despite all the plaudits they gain they haven't been in with a chance of wining the 6 nations so far, this is something the current team needs to get off the back.

Example here;

"If you ask Gregor, and I think he said so at the press conference on Wednesday, that he goes into these tournaments looking to win," said the Scottish Rugby chief executive.
"The squad depth is the greatest in my time here, and I've heard other respected commentators and even some of you say that this is the strongest squad in depth terms we've been able to put on the park in a generation, so our expectations are high."

They aren't my favourite to win but despite all the plaudits they gain they haven't been in with a chance of wining the 6 nations so far, this is something the current team needs to get off the back.

There's a big difference between 'this year is our year' and the quotes in that article which all seemed fair to me - positive and upbeat going into a championship - they are hardly going to be anything other than that really. If Scotland cut out brain farts like the Fagerson red card against Wales last year then they should be mounting a challenge but it's going to be very difficult given the Autumn form of Ireland, France and England.

I lol at all the Scotland talk about doing well. They will always be a middle to bottom team and that's that. Putting all of their energy into beating England (which they probably won't achieve) won't change the fact they just sent consistent enough against the top teams.

At least they arnt welsh though so that's a plus.

I lol at all the Scotland talk about doing well. They will always be a middle to bottom team and that's that. Putting all of their energy into beating England (which they probably won't achieve) won't change the fact they just sent consistent enough against the top teams.

shots-fired-gun.gif

Oh baby, who turned the heat on.

Just seen the weather report as well. Rain, wind, going to be attritional stuff.
Steward putting in MoM performance under the bombs until Jones remembers that he's an early substitution genius and hooks him in the 37th minute with Daly going to FB…..

Although we've got quite an exciting backline I just hope we play the conditions. Going to be a great test for Smith, and I think he's smart enough to pass it. With Smith it's just a case of gaining international experience, but almost more interesting will be how Slade goes in the perennial problem shirt.

There's a big difference between 'this year is our year' and the quotes in that article which all seemed fair to me - positive and upbeat going into a championship - they are hardly going to be anything other than that really. If Scotland cut out brain farts like the Fagerson red card against Wales last year then they should be mounting a challenge but it's going to be very difficult given the Autumn form of Ireland, France and England.
I was going to say no-one literally says 'this is our year' but John Barclay actually did. :p

"I do believe this has to be Scotland's year - the quality is there. We saw that represented on the British and Irish Lions tour, but I also know how good the other teams are."

I was going to say no-one literally says 'this is our year' but John Barclay actually did. :p

"I do believe this has to be Scotland's year - the quality is there. We saw that represented on the British and Irish Lions tour, but I also know how good the other teams are."
Isn't he just saying what Andy Nicol use to say in the same BBC article every year? Is it contractually obligated by their resident Scot?

Isn't he just saying what Andy Nicol use to say in the same BBC article every year? Is it contractually obligated by their resident Scot?
If you say it's your year every year, eventually it's got to come true at one point right?

Not since Italy joined.

Italy are obviously Scotland's kryptonite
I'm fairly certain Nicol once said it could be our year when they were proper wooden spoon winners. But hey now they are unlocking the depth only England could tap into before!

Latest posts