• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2022 World Cup - Qatar

England's gameplan: Kick it around into space when few defenders are near, then run at the tightest concentration of defenders and keep it really tight so you don't exploit the fact you've got them all bunch up in 1 place... We also aim to tire the USA out by letting them dictate the pace and then attacking in a way that lets them stand mostly still...

Foden must've p1ssed on Gareth's cornflakes
Yeh brings in Rashford instead, but you need to have a player who can get into the pockets between their midfield and back 4. Kane is trying to do that now and he's supposed to be our main striker because he's just too isolated and easy to mark. Final balls not been good tonight.

USA have been well organised tonight and better on the ball than England. Just lack that final ball and cutting edge up front.

USA just need to take some shots on goal or whip some balls into the box. Trying to pass their way into the net isn't working. Had plenty of opportunity to do so.

Why doesn't Grealish start more?
Everytime he comes on he looks significantly better than who he replaces

Draw is good enough. Drew 0-0 v Scotland in euros. Now need at least a draw v Wales and will top the group.
This is what I expect of England From previous tournaments. At least they didn't lose.

Southgate has set his stall out playing slow centre backs in Stones and Maguire and his back line not playing higher up to push the whole team forward as one higher up the pitch. Even if he brings in Walker and turns to a back 3, v Wales. A well organised team like USA has shown up this team's limitations.

Last edited:
Shameful, absolutely shameful.
England win 0-0.
2 points out of 6 we should have had.
Any team who doesn't play a ball into the box in that scenario should be sent home.

Draw is good enough. Drew 0-0 v Scotland in euros. Now need at least a draw v Wales and will top the group.
This is what I expect of England From previous tournaments. At least they didn't lose.

If Page continues to play Ramsay, Allan and Bale you'll roast Wales.

If Page continues to play Ramsay, Allan and Bale you'll roast Wales.
Yeh they were pretty awful today. See how they can pick themselves up which I am sure they will against England. But out of their hands and the second qualifier realistically will come from USA v Iran.

I am sure Southgate has to make changes for Wales anyway. i didn't think Sterling and Saka had good games, also Bellingham or even Mount so they could be replaced on Tuesday by the likes of Grealish, Foden, Rashford to give more impetus and energy. But as I said as a unit England need to play higher up the pitch and reduce the spaces between the defence, midfield and front 3 as there were far too big gaps to cover and that starts from the back.

Last edited:
Not too sure on England having too much quality, rather Wales have a complete lack of quality now that our best players are all over the hill.

I still expect England to win well, but Wales could pressure them and nick a goal to win it.

Latest posts