• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2022 World Cup - Qatar

£20 baybee
Conor Mcgregor Forums GIF

Nevermind France
They still have next year's RWC which I think they would prefer to win. Plus Paris Olympics in 2024. I don't think I could have stomached them winning this, next year and having an amazing Olympics.

Still what a player Mbappé is. Will defo break the WC scoring record. Maybe in the next WC.

A French colleague of mine already told me they'll win RWC next year for sure :D
Well at this rate they will having beaten all the SH sides at home in the last 2 years and being 6Ns. Still, all to play for. But yes, they are my favourites.

The argie goalie is a knob
Well he sure used his golden glove trophy as one. 😝 Plays for Villa and been in England since 2010. Could have played for England apparently. Good at saving penalties which we could have been useful🤔

I think the GOAT debate is Messi v Ronaldo to be honest. Over their careers Messi has been the better player, he definitely had the easier ride but I don't think that's much of a factor.

Saying that, if I had a world cup or Champions league final where I could only choose one at their best I think I'd take Ronaldo. There's a number around 40-50 that I think if you take both of their best games of their career Ronaldo comes on top, it's where the argument that he can score with his head and both feet holds weight. Over the 800 games or whatever of their careers Messi is better though, I don't think there's much of an argument there.
I dont agree with your take. What does that statement mean? "theres a number around 40-50,that I think if you take both of their best games of their career Ronaldo comes on top"

This game was amazing, there was so much passion for this game within Neutrals around the world, the Bars in South Africa was erupting.. The prophecy has been fulfilled the Messiah has the world cup. So glad Messi deserved this. I could not deal with the penalties, really thought Argentina had it when they went 2-0 up.

Ronaldo's ~50 best games > Messi's
I would then contest that Messi's best 10 games > Ronaldo's best 10.

Think of that Bayern Levursken game, this world cup, the two champions league finals Barca won, the legendary game vs Getafe in 2006 with the trademark Messi run from halfway, and then countless complete performances where he both assisted and scored.

I would then contest that Messi's best 10 games > Ronaldo's best 10.

Think of that Bayern Levursken game, this world cup, the two champions league finals Barca won, the legendary game vs Getafe in 2006 with the trademark Messi run from halfway, and then countless complete performances where he both assisted and scored.
I'd disagree with that to be honest. The 3-0 v Athletico for Juve, 3-3 v Spain, 3-2 v Juve, 3-1 v Arsenal in the CL are probably the best I've seen anyone play. Messi is the better footballer but when it clicked for Ronaldo I think his athleticism took just ahead.

It's not really a cross I'd die on tbh, I'm not a massive fan of either, just my observations and preference. They're no Ruud Van Nistelrooy's.

Don't care for the Prima Donna that is Cristiano. He's shown his true colours the way he left Man U and his reaction at being dropped in this WC. Glad both Mbappé and Messi have both shown that a superstar is nothing without their team mates.

Latest posts