• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Santiago Grondona has left Chiefs for Pau with immediate effect.

Can't say I'm gutted to see him leave. He's always been a bit of a weird player for us; he gets regular game time for the Pumas so clearly he is a good player but Baxter just never seems to have rated him. Has only made 7 appearances this season for Chiefs and 3 of those were in the Prem Cup.

Wish him well for the future.

Santiago Grondona has left Chiefs for Pau with immediate effect.

Can't say I'm gutted to see him leave. He's always been a bit of a weird player for us; he gets regular game time for the Pumas so clearly he is a good player but Baxter just never seems to have rated him. Has only made 7 appearances this season for Chiefs and 3 of those were in the Prem Cup.

Wish him well for the future.
Agree with this, so many leavers though its getting crazy especially ones with immediate effect. Bet we will make a decent 15 with the leavers at the end of this and last season.

Falcons have signed Scottish Kiran McDonald for the next 2 years - a lock - 6'8 and 18+ stone.

He did a short 3 month spell for us this year as well. Was really good in our win over South Africa. Came across as a good fella
A few Glasgow fans have said hes a better version of Peterson who most of the fans up here think has done very well for us...

In fact the rumours are that its Peterson who he may be replacing as he might be on his way...

A top fella, great squad morale booster and when he needs to be he's a dog in the tight.
Great signing.
Well thats great to hear. Looks like he'll be replacing big Greg Peterson...who all the falcons have really warmed to aswell.

Well thats great to hear. Looks like he'll be replacing big Greg Peterson...who all the falcons have really warmed to aswell.
Was at Wasps prior to Munster and was really strong in the time we had him. Didn't look at all out of place in prem, regularly put out 80mins and was strong in line out. Also combined well with Stooke.

next priority is securing the Curry twins signatures
Apparently they've already activated their extensions and are under contract for the next two years - not sure why Axe is just dropping that bombshell in a random mid week press briefing, I'd be singing it from the mountain tops!

Falcons have signed former Wasps Lock Tim Cardall for next 2 seasons.

Thats 3 cracking signings so far.

Sam Bedlow back to Sale,
Happy with that, will be a decent upgrade on S.Hill

Gutted with that one, he was part of the Bristol academy too so losing credits as well as the talent (and one of my favourite players). Underrated and sure he'll go well back up that way.

Good re-sigining obviously.
Wonder if they are going to look for his replacement.

Tom West would be the obvious one imo
Baxter will step right in I think. He's looked v good and is constantly getting better.

We will bring someone in too I imagine, but Finn is heir apparent

Uren getting an early release to join Benetton

Without really knowing his recent injury status/form (has anyone at Bristol been on form?) etc. it does feel like he's been under utilised by Bristol recently - last few seasons he's been comfortably their best 9, even including Randall

Didn't realise he's only 27, as well, though he was older

last few seasons he's been comfortably their best 9, even including Randall
Correct. Injury hadn't helped so Randall got an extended run, but yeah this shouldn't be happening. Put it like that. September just gone there was a big announcement about him signing a long term contract;

😔