• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

If Kirsten's fit then he's a capable lock option. Capstick and Pearson have both played some rugby there in the past. Vermeulen could put in a shift there. As you mention there's Alfie Bell, plus a couple of academy guys like Teague and Bailey. We are scraping the barrel though.
Ive just posted on the Chiefs thread, lets move all this away from transfers thread.

Freddie Burns is leaving Tigers next month to join Highlanders, this is not an early April Fools joke

Yeh honesty Atkinson has leaped frogged him imo this season.

Loss for tigers though.
Unless him leaving frees up cap for someone like Shillcock next season

Does that make him ineligible to have played for Edinburgh last weekend?
If so, I "expect" the same retrospective sanction Bristol received.
Looking at the date he joined he probably was registered as part of their initial squad (like Oghre at Tigers) rather than as an additional player (like Stooke at Bristol) - the three month rule only applies to additional players not original

Does that make him ineligible to have played for Edinburgh last weekend?
If so, I "expect" the same retrospective sanction Bristol received.
I think Cruse was registered in Edinburgh's initial European squad, so he won't fall afoul of the "additional player" rule that shafted Stooke who was added after Bristol submitted their initial European squad. The 3 month rule thing only applies to 'additional players' from what I've read.

Then either he joined earlier than I thought, or the initial squads were announced later - either of which is entirely plausible

Then either he joined earlier than I thought, or the initial squads were announced later - either of which is entirely plausible
He signed 22 November and first round was December 9th. I can't know for sure, but I'd have to imagine the European squads were announced after that.

Again, you can see how a team would fall afoul of this, the difference in the situations is purely clerical.

Mike Williams from to Chiefs for the rest of the season to cover Van Heerden.
Good move all round.
Excess to requirements at Bath; and a suspicion that his salary for this season may have already been allocated (IIRC he's our only fit senior player to not have played a single minute this season).
Hope he goes well for you.

Jamie Langley stepped into be interim defence coach at Sale - keeping that Bradford Bulls connection strong!

Latest posts