• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

The top 14 rwc jokers are wild this season
Who had Micky Young to Toulon on their bingo card?

Rhys Patchell has signed for Highlanders,

and bigger news: Frans Steyn has retired!
He's had some career, tbf - probably the first player I think of when I think of the 2007 world cup/that era of Canterbury shirts. Biggest boot I've ever seen

Just feels like yesterday that he was this young kid in the Springboks squad for 2007. Time flies.

Don't know much about him. Apparently had a nasty knee injury last year aswell ..

Squad cover only I would imagine

Uini Atonio —> international retirement post-RWC

Didn't really think of him as being particularly old for some reason but he is 33. Will be a big loss to France. Has really come into his own the last couple of years and become one of the top tightheads around.

Uini Atonio —> international post-RWC retirement

Didn't really think of him as being particularly old for some reason but he is 33. Will be a big loss to France. Has really come into his own the last couple of years and become one of the top tightheads around.
Wonder if he wants to represent Samoa at the next rwc?
He's good enough to keep getting picked by France for a few more seasons but unlikely to make the next RWC for them, at 37, so would need to remove himself from contention to have enough stand down

Wonder if he wants to represent Samoa at the next rwc?
He's good enough to keep getting picked by France for a few more seasons but unlikely to make the next RWC for them, at 37, so would need to remove himself from contention to have enough stand down
That's a big ask for someone who's carrying all the timber that he is. Soane Tongaʻuiha had a surprisingly long career for a big prop, but by the time he was 37, he'd stepped down to National 1. That's despite the fact he's 3 stone or so lighter than Antonio.

Jamie Joseph heading back to the Highlanders. Will be interesting to see what he makes of Patchell.

Latest posts