• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

I'm convinced the weight thing is a load of ******. There are some players who need to carry some extra kg's, and Carre might be one of those to ensure his scrummaging is as good as it can be (he's never been the strongest in this area, but his weakness is overblown) + I think his weight is part of what makes him such a good carrier.
Heard about this a while back now and not really surprised as we must have been paying him a decent wedge to come back from saracens in the first place. When Asserati and Domachowski recently signed a new contract I guessed we wouldn't keep him. He's outstanding in the loose, a great signing. I expect the same with Josh Adams soon.

Heard about this a while back now and not really surprised as we must have been paying him a decent wedge to come back from saracens in the first place. When Asserati and Domachowski recently signed a new contract I guessed we wouldn't keep him. He's outstanding in the loose, a great signing. I expect the same with Josh Adams soon.
Yeah, don't have an issue with him leaving Cardiff, probably makes sense for both parties. I've got an issue with him no longer eligible to play for Wales due to Gatland making a point about his weight. I haven't checked, but I'm sure he could have reached 25 caps otherwise. Instead Gats picks the likes of Mathias in the squad who has much bigger failings to his game!

Yeah, don't have an issue with him leaving Cardiff, probably makes sense for both parties. I've got an issue with him no longer eligible to play for Wales due to Gatland making a point about his weight. I haven't checked, but I'm sure he could have reached 25 caps otherwise. Instead Gats picks the likes of Mathias in the squad who has much bigger failings to his game!
It's crazy isn't it. Gats made that call when Rhys was arguably playing his best rugby the tail end of last season. He'd be perfect as an impact player from the bench in an international game right now. It must be more than just weight.

Mark Atkinson retires with immediate effect.

You see loads of videos nowadays of players sharing heartfelt moments with their parents. But the one of Atkinson calling his dad to tell him he was making his debut, and his dad saying how proud his mum would have been has always been the most memorable for me.

Congratulations to him on a career that plenty could only dream of.

He will be great as Rob du Preez 13 backup

Apparently Nicky Smith has agreed to join Leicester. Would be a shame to lose him but good luck to him if true.

Apparently Nicky Smith has agreed to join Leicester. Would be a shame to lose him but good luck to him if true.
Part of the reason might well be because he feels unwanted by Gatland. Ospreys probably can't afford 2 international looseheads either though. Good luck to him, this may well be just the sort of move that propells him back into international reckogning, only 29, so plenty of years left.

Smith especially, is a really good signing.
Leicester are doing well with their announcements so far.

Billy Vunipola is poised to join Montpellier next season and bring his long career with Saracens and England to an end.

At the end of the season Alex and Ethan Waller will retire. Great servants to the club and always thought they were mobile robust players if just never reaching the top heights of propping.

Latest posts