• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

It's not a criticism of Connacht. If this is the best player they could add to the squad at that position, they made the right decision. Kyle Godwin was an excellent signing when announced earlier in the week. I don't see how this signing benefits Irish rugby as a whole though. I hope I'm wrong and he helps lead Connacht back to the level they were at a couple of seasons ago.

Said it before, Connachts backline would be strongest with Ronaldson at 10, with Aki, Farrell, Griffin and now Godwin to choose from at centre.

James Voss ---> Tigers

Been told Mafi was set to sign with immediate affect but injury has delayed it till the summer hence this lock signing from Jersey to cover Barrow buggaring off.

Kyle Godwin to Connacht is confirmed, not that I'd heard about it in advance

What happened to him? Back when I watched Super Rugby I remember him being the Force's best player at a really young age, only has the one cap for Australia so doesn't seem to have kicked on as was expected.

Will Addison to Ulster
Irish granny

:(
Keen to know your's and Irish member's thought's on Addison's and Haley's Ireland chance's, they're both quality but both have been nowhere near an England matchday squad, so don't quite see the Ireland route being much easier...

Wouldn't be surprised if George McGuigan looks at Ireland now.

The IRFU are obviously chasing the Irish qualified player should now.

Keen to know your's and Irish member's thought's on Addison's and Haley's Ireland chance's, they're both quality but both have been nowhere near an England matchday squad recently, so don't quite see the Ireland route being much easier...

Numbers innit.

If you are starting for one of the 4 clubs then you're likely to be in with a chance.

Numbers innit.

If you are starting for one of the 4 clubs then you're likely to be in with a chance.
So both relying on injuries, Addison behind Henshaw, Ringrose, Aki and Farrell at least and Haley behind Kearney, Larmour and possibly Carberry....

Keen to know your's and Irish member's thought's on Addison's and Haley's Ireland chance's, they're both quality but both have been nowhere near an England matchday squad, so don't quite see the Ireland route being much easier...
Haley has a good shot at making the squad (not necessarily the 23) if he gets some good game time with Munster.

I can't see Addison getting in until he nails down a position and even then he's up against established guys.
Don't get me wrong, i think Addison is one of the most talented backs we've produced, but he's obsessed with playing 13 when it's clearly not his best position.
On the wing he's up against Stockdale and Earls, at fullback all of the Irish ones and then Haley. I think he's definitely talented enough to play for Ireland but it's a mmaassiivvee uphill struggle. His best bet would have been moving a year or more ago and trying to sneak into contention while the lions tour was on.
Oh and also he's almost constantly injured.

Nah, both have been linked to moves to Ireland for several years now. Want to play international rugby but aren't close to an England cap so it's now or never
How many back 3 players are u gonna need for next season though with Addison, Charnley and Haley all gone. Not seen Nev Edwards this year but he looked ok last season

How many back 3 players are u gonna need for next season though with Addison, Charnley and Haley all gone. Not seen Nev Edwards this year but he looked ok last season
We've got McGuigan, Yarde, Solomona, Odogwu and O'Connor
Few lads in the academy who have been getting a sniff this season so won't be far off, and then there's the rumour of Loader.
We're a little light at 15 (Loader signing would help there) but we were well over stocked in the back 3 to be fair.
Think Edwards is out of contract this season. He didn't look very good after cipriani left and I think it was their combination that was something special rather than Edwards himself

We've got McGuigan, Yarde, Solomona, Odogwu and O'Connor
Few lads in the academy who have been getting a sniff this season so won't be far off, and then there's the rumour of Loader.
We're a little light at 15 (Loader signing would help there) but we were well over stocked in the back 3 to be fair.
Think Edwards is out of contract this season. He didn't look very good after cipriani left and I think it was their combination that was something special rather than Edwards himself
Thought O'Connor was a 1 season deal?

Latest posts