• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Dave Seymour to Sale FC

Becoming a bit of a retirement home for us, Seymour, Briggs, Mayor

giphy.gif

Do you think it'll work? I can't imagine it doing much other than wrecking his confidence, bus I'm a pessimist
Well it seems he is viewed as 3rd choice starter. Some may say 2nd. But if Sexton is out Ross Byrne starts.
It's up to Joey really. But looks like he will get chance to lead a team as a leader at 10 so who knows. He could be a flop or a huge success

Well Leinster fans would think it is a bad idea.
Honestly if he wants to be considered more than a impact sub by Ireland he needs to be in more of a leadership role.

Ulster would be better for him, less competition and their fans wouldn't take as much joy in criticising him if he has a couple below par games on the bounce.

Ulster would be better for him, less competition and their fans wouldn't take as much joy in criticising him if he has a couple below par games on the bounce.
On the flipside he gets to play with Murray who'll be his halfback partner if Sexton goes down at the world cup which is helpful given that he's not going to be anything more than injury cover at 10 until after the world cup. There's no right answer really all of the options have their own merits. It has to be said though that even the most one-eyed Leinster fan should be able to see the problems stemming from having the top 3 outhalves in the country all playing in the same team.

He's too good not to be playing, especially in a world cup year and especially with Sextons injury track record. If he's not that keen on Ulster could the IRFU not just "loan" him there on a one year deal?
Ulster get another year to sort out a long term first choice, and Toby Carvery gets a years worth of game time before returning to Leinster to try and claim the 10 shirt as sexton winds down his career (I'm guessing sexton will retire not long after the WC, as he'll be 34 by the time it's done)

He's too good not to be playing, especially in a world cup year and especially with Sextons injury track record. If he's not that keen on Ulster could the IRFU not just "loan" him there on a one year deal?
Ulster get another year to sort out a long term first choice, and Toby Carvery gets a years worth of game time before returning to Leinster to try and claim the 10 shirt as sexton winds down his career (I'm guessing sexton will retire not long after the WC, as he'll be 34 by the time it's done)
The thing is no-one wants him on loan. And well Joey has been hyped up alot. It's time to see where he really is at. Alpha said Munster fans would take joy in him not performing here and criticising him. I'd disagree. Every fan here would want him to succeed.
The thing is it's more about Carbery now. Good players make teams good. He has decent tools and if he does make serious inroads here. Then he will be loved here and equally he may set up a nice platform to challenge for World Cup and Lions even.
Conway was never once hated here and at start came as he was stuck behind alot of traffic in blue

The thing is no-one wants him on loan. And well Joey has been hyped up alot. It's time to see where he really is at. Alpha said Munster fans would take joy in him not performing here and criticising him. I'd disagree. Every fan here would want him to succeed.
The thing is it's more about Carbery now. Good players make teams good. He has decent tools and if he does make serious inroads here. Then he will be loved here and equally he may set up a nice platform to challenge for World Cup and Lions even.
Conway was never once hated here and at start came as he was stuck behind alot of traffic in blue
No I didn't. I said Ulster fans would go easier on him, which they would.

Edit. Actually I did, didn't mean it like that though.

No I didn't. I said Ulster fans would go easier on him, which they would.

Edit. Actually I did, didn't mean it like that though.
Lol I wouldn't have said it if not. But think Joey would be ok here as well it not as if 10 is a position of strength here. As I said it an opportunity for Joey to build his team and lead his way

Ulster are not in the champions cup though, or are they I can't remember now.

That would have been a major negative in a season leading up to the world cup.

Ulster qualified. They beat the Ospreys in a playoff. They wouldn't be in the picture for Carbery if they hadn't I imagine.

Latest posts