• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] Scotland v Ireland - 12 March 2023

Could have been worse, that's now 4 losses to 1 win with Pearce in charge

Could a question, when did the law change where you could bring back substituted player for an injured player?

2cci54~2.jpg

Backrow was class. O'Mahony, Flier and Conan all changed the face of that game. Hansen has frustrated me a lot at times this 6N including today, but Jesus when he's good he's good.

Think JGP has won his jersey back, but the Murray resurrection has been great for us too.

great game so far,
Backrow was class. O'Mahony, Flier and Conan all changed the face of that game. Hansen has frustrated me a lot at times this 6N including today, but Jesus when he's good he's good.

Think JGP has won his jersey back, but the Murray resurrection has been great for us too.
Thought Ryan and Baird were incredible aswell to be honest. Baird has to start next week

I'm v curious to see the injury list next week. Obviously not ideal but exciting to some extent as week.

@westernforce agree Baird Has To Start regardless, Henderson hasn't been bad, but Baird offers too much rn

The best game of rugby through the whole weekend

Credit to Scotland for largely showing up and applying the correct tactics of barely organised chaos. They completely ran out of gas with those tactics though and are not a good enough team to keep failing to convert half chances, which this week was in large part due to superb Irish scramble defence. Scotland need to stick with those tactics against top teams because their plan B cannot be strong enough despite an improved pack. Kinghorn and Graham in the backline and Scotland can be lethal and convert a higher rate of chances.

Fantastic from Ireland. Massively tested twice in the tournament and coming up with all the answers. No hooker, no problem? Almost up to an outstanding 92 world ranking points and they look well up for the challenge of France and home and a potentially red hot Boks (my pick, depending on personnel / tactics).

Should be some party in Dublin dismantling England on their way to the slam.

On a side note, gap between 4th and 5th in rankings is an insane and surely unprecedented 6.2 points. There are a lot of failing unions out there.

Latest posts