• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Yeah...try having a 9 footer. The big and tall stores don't even know what to do when I stroll in.

it wass great, im considering and going to see it again with some of my friends considering i live really close to the theatre, i loved the action and some parts really made me laugh.

amazing such a film was shot on blue screen through and through!

and anyone who says its "gay" like teh mite, yea isnt rugby gay to? isnt it?

i dont think rugby is gay at all, the only people who do are the ones who go in and are like wow i just touched his balls, im gonna go jerk off to that later!

sorta like those people who go to 300 and say wow these guys were lovers tee hee wow im hard!

f*** off.

it wass great, im considering and going to see it again with some of my friends considering i live really close to the theatre, i loved the action and some parts really made me laugh.

amazing such a film was shot on blue screen through and through!

and anyone who says its "gay" like teh mite, yea isnt rugby gay to? isnt it?

i dont think rugby is gay at all, the only people who do are the ones who go in and are like wow i just touched his balls, im gonna go jerk off to that later!

sorta like those people who go to 300 and say wow these guys were lovers tee hee wow im hard!

f*** off.
[/b]
Brilliant.

I put up a link to the trailer for this film at the end of November. Now others are finally discussing it. Figures. :p

I don't think the film looks gay, but if i decide to jerk off to it later on, would that be a bad thing?

<div class='quotemain'>
And who's stolen the breasts of the woman in the top picture.
[/b]
Well, they may be small in size, but they're nothing to scoff. She's extremely fit...extremely.
l_80aad99ce63e6a2c733ef2f871d6c11c.jpg

[/b][/quote]

I've said it before and I'm saying it now. Eat a pasty you boney cow.

As for the film can you people put my mind at rest re: my two concerns :

A : Why prancing round in naught but a toga whilst donning a full face helmet. Why no other armour if it's not just for homo-erotic effect.

B : Are the brave efforts of Demophilus and his 1000 or so Thespians covered.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
And who's stolen the breasts of the woman in the top picture.
[/b]
Well, they may be small in size, but they're nothing to scoff. She's extremely fit...extremely.
l_80aad99ce63e6a2c733ef2f871d6c11c.jpg

[/b][/quote]

I've said it before and I'm saying it now. Eat a pasty you boney cow.

As for the film can you people put my mind at rest re: my two concerns :

A : Why prancing round in naught but a toga whilst donning a full face helmet. Why no other armour if it's not just for homo-erotic effect.

B : Are the brave efforts of Demophilus and his 1000 or so Thespians covered.
[/b][/quote]
A...I think for visual effect. I don't really have an answer, although I know it's not homo-eroticism. The Spartans actually make jokes about the "boy loving" athenians.
B...Sort of...but they're not portrayed so bravely.

What you have to take into consideration is this is a story being told to Spartan Troups to encourage them into battle post Thermopolaye (sp). It is meant to be purposefully overly heroic.

A...I think for visual effect. I don't really have an answer, although I know it's not homo-eroticism. The Spartans actually make jokes about the "boy loving" athenians.
B...Sort of...but they're not portrayed so bravely.

What you have to take into consideration is this is a story being told to Spartan Troups to encourage them into battle post Thermopolaye (sp). It is meant to be purposefully overly heroic.
[/quote]

Ah that makes a bit more sense then.

Massimo Manfredi Valleri writes decent books about that sort of period though apparently they suffer from being translated from the original Italian.

finally just saw it - twas awesome - inspiring and the queen was hot!!!

it did have quite a few funny bits in it too especially the cut-throat humor of the Spartans...

This movie is overated. Yeah it is awsome, it is really sweet visually speaking, but the hype surrounding this film is that it is one of the greatest films ever made, and it is far from it. This movie is great if all you're looking for is to switch your brain off and watch some sweet killing. I had fun watching it and it was entertaining but there was no intellectual part to this movie. Effectively it was kill people, then an over indulgence in inspirational speeches, then more killing than more inspirational speeches. This movie is very good but it was quite linear, which means it falls short of greatness.

This movie is overated. Yeah it is awsome, it is really sweet visually speaking, but the hype surrounding this film is that it is one of the greatest films ever made, and it is far from it. This movie is great if all you're looking for is to switch your brain off and watch some sweet killing. I had fun watching it and it was entertaining but there was no intellectual part to this movie. Effectively it was kill people, then an over indulgence in inspirational speeches, then more killing than more inspirational speeches. This movie is very good but it was quite linear, which means it falls short of greatness.
[/b]
Sort of like The Matrix and the other two movies that those guys made to capitalize on the sucess of idiots running around in long black leather coats and sunglasses?

Sorry...had to take a pot shot at those films...good idea...bad trilogy.

300...great. Just don't make 300 and a Half, or 300 Reloaded.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Sort of like The Matrix and the other two movies that those guys made to capitalize on the sucess of idiots running around in long black leather coats and sunglasses?

Sorry...had to take a pot shot at those films...good idea...bad trilogy.

300...great. Just don't make 300 and a Half, or 300 Reloaded.
[/b][/quote]

Well the Matrix was far better than 300 in my mind. There was at least an involved storyline to go along with the sweet killing. The other two in the trilogy were ****(good thing to know that when humans are on the brink of dying they still have time to have a massive rave in some cave). 300 was a good movie but because it was really going from point A to B it can't be considered great.

[/b]

I talked to the guys, and we're kicking you out.

20070321.jpg

yea but a lot of movies based loosley on historic events arent ever really rich in details of a story line

for example you just cant make the xerxes all of a sudden have an affair with King Leonidas and have some sort of love child that seeks revenge on the traitor hunchback

thats the kinda stuff that makes it ridiculous to watch!!

Latest posts